Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Pings

Options
  • 07-09-2008 6:05pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

So pingtimes on some of Eircom's packages were increased as they hiked up interleaving during their 'up'grade, but other than downgrading package is there anything else that can be done? Are they changing interleaving upon request?

I've tried searching other threads for an answer and while I've found some info on the issue, nobody has actually confirmed if there's anything that can be done about it.

On a somewhat related note, has anyone noticed their connection dropping more frequently since the 'up'grade?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭conceited

They obviously have to do something about this.
    Ring them and ask them what the story is.And then post back here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I called them and they told me they cannot change interleaving for individual packages which is completely ridiculous. The pings are suitable for the worst case scenario & people with really good quality lines are getting screwed.

I was told that they were putting in a system in a few months so that they could change interleaving on a case by case basis, but it sounded like the guy just wanted to get me off the phone.

Anyone else got any news / views?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Yet more €ircon rubbish systems it sounds like, Smart can tailor your interleaving and have remedial profiles that can be changed once a day when the DSLAMs get updated each night so the tech exists but yet again B&B have under invested...

MC

Advertisement