Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire?

Options
  • 07-09-2008 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Can see a huge cloud of smoke from my jacks window, looks to be over the Northside possibly Southside around Pearse St, anyone know more info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

looks like its up in glasnevin ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭DennisSabre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

It was probably a disgruntled little drummer boy who didn't make the grade for the All-Ireland yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Can see a huge cloud of smoke from my jacks window, looks to be over the Northside possibly Southside around Pearse St, anyone know more info?

Jaysis, you were wayyy off Gavin. Probably wishful thinking, was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

must have been some fire if ya could see the smoke all the way from the tenters....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anto McC wrote: »
    Jaysis, you were wayyy off Gavin. Probably wishful thinking, was it?

Yup, unfortunately it wasn't your gaff. (I joke Anto, I joke).
    flynnc8 wrote: »
    must have been some fire if ya could see the smoke all the way from the tenters....

Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Was the Artane Boys Band Storage site beside St.David's School in Artane.

The school got put on fire about ten years ago I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

dats_right wrote: »
    It was probably a disgruntled little drummer boy who didn't make the grade for the All-Ireland yesterday!

Other options are:

1) A drunken senior band member who woke up after a senior band 'gathering' in The Goblet
    2) Angry person who didn't get to be drum major for croker.
    3) The ghost of the Blue Boy came back for vengeance!

Pity though. So much potential for that building really. Hopefully something decent will replace it! I'll put up vids of the fire tomorrow - the building is (was) located over my back wall.

Advertisement