Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband speed upgrade

Options
  • 07-09-2008 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Smart Telecom has become the latest broadband operator to launch 24mbs service,existing customers om 15mbs will be upgrade for free.
    Now can anyone tell me why eircom can,t deliver those speeds currently on 2mbs waiting (oh why are we waiting) to be upgraded to the supersonic speed of 3mbs.Is there anyone in the ballina area in mayo being upgraded?:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i think smart use fiber

eircom only use the telephone lines max 8mb very few people will be able to get the max speeds

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i think smart use fiber

In some locations they do but in most it's plain old copper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Solidius

I wish Eir-coN :)... would just hang the coat up and face the music that because of there monopoly for years has now come to an end and bitten them in the arse..why anyone would want to stay with Eircom with all the other tel-companies offer far better speeds and value for money most importantly!..as it won't be long before dedicated customers cop on that there being screwed by them and eircom will lose all there boradband customers to someone else...I never seen such thumbfoolery from the likes of Eirscum... if you can break the chain with them..do so...this was written on the wall for years..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Solidius wrote: »
    I wish Eir-coN :)... would just hang the coat up and face the music that because of there monopoly for years has now come to an end and bitten them in the arse..why anyone would want to stay with Eircom with all the other tel-companies offer far better speeds and value for money most importantly!..as it won't be long before dedicated customers cop on that there being screwed by them and eircom will lose all there boradband customers to someone else...I never seen such thumbfoolery from the likes of Eirscum... if you can break the chain with them..do so...this was written on the wall for years..

Because only eircom is available in their exchange. I am on the Palmerstown exchange. A few thousand people connected and it has yet to be unbundled and I will be fecked if I am paying BT or whatever the same money and not getting the same service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Because €ircon still use ADSL rather than ADSL2+ that Smart use.

MC

• Advertisement
Advertisement