Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ford focus 1.6 engine question

Options
  • 07-09-2008 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

re the ford focus 1.6 engine

apparently there is a variable-valve timing version of this (115PS) , gives slightly better fuel economy and performance (according to parkers)

have any of you got personal experience of this?
    also is the exact power output of this easy to see by opening up the bonnet? is is it on a plaque on the engine cover?

i'm in the UK btw and looking to buy second-hand

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not sure about UK models but over here the 1.6 TI-VCT petrol engine was only sold in the Ghia and Titanium models. The 1.6 in the lower spec models was the old 100bhp version from the MkI Focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

In the UK, the 1.6 TI-VCT engine was offered in all trims from LX upwards.I think it was a couple of hundred pounds more than the standard 1.6.Dont know too much about the engine itself but i would expect to be a nice bit better than the 100bhp 1.6.The power is 115bhp alright.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I had the 1.6 Ti-VCT in my Focus titanium. I think it was only the titanium that came with that engine...
    NO too sure about UK specs though.
    As far as I remember it said Ti-VCT on the engine, not 100% sure on that though.
    There is a noticeable difference between it and the standard 1.6, the Ti-VCT has a good bit more pep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

thanks, that info is useful.

i could tease ye by telling you that the prices on autotrader are about half of those on carzone.ie for the same car, but that wouldn't be very nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

We know:rolleyes:.Thats the very reason why we have this thread:p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

100 vs 115 - would this be noticed - the old alfa 156/147 1.6's were 120

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

VH wrote: »
    100 vs 115 - would this be noticed - the old alfa 156/147 1.6's were 120

I would expect so, that is 15% more bhp.

And the base 147 was sold with a 102bhp 1.6 litre engine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

diesel, better economy, quick in real life etc etc etc.

Just to save someone else the hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭scrawnban

they all have some variable valve timing, its called zetec

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

scrawnban wrote: »

No. Zetec is a trim level these times. Current engines are called Duratec. I think you are confusing Ford and Honda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

silverside wrote: »
    re the ford focus 1.6 engine

apparently there is a variable-valve timing version of this (115PS) , gives slightly better fuel economy and performance (according to parkers)

have any of you got personal experience of this?
    also is the exact power output of this easy to see by opening up the bonnet? is is it on a plaque on the engine cover?

i'm in the UK btw and looking to buy second-hand

cheers
    Theres nothing about the horsepower under the bonnet. Theres 4 sensers on top of the engine, 2 of them are silver. You can't miss them, if you see them well then its VVT.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

VH wrote: »
    100 vs 115 - would this be noticed?

The difference in both performance and economy isn't massive at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

scrawnban wrote: »
    as what HF said zetec is more of a brading - like opel and ecotec

Advertisement