Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chirping Guinea Pig

Options
  • 07-09-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

One of my Guines Pigs chirps at night, REAL loud. First time I heard it I thought there was a bird in the house. Not the normal sound they make when they hear me coming or when they hear a plastic bag being rustled. It very loud and she does it for up a minute. I have heard it 3 times now in the past 6weeks. I did a google and apparently very few GP's do it but I couldn't find any answer as to WHY they do it. It's real eerie in the middle of the night...

Anyone??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

You're so lucky, never had the pleasure of hearing any pigs that have come through here sing. No idea why they do it, only thing I can think of is perhaps if they are in heat and are summoning a partner but that's just a guess.

My two do everything but sing, typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Lol, I am glad it's nothing worse, I nearly fell off my chair the first time I heard it and raced to the house looking for the *bird*. She shares a run with her sister but there is also a male GP in the same room (he hasn't been neutered yet, so they are not together). She's nearly in a trance when she does it and the other GP's stand stockstill and listen to her *sing*. I wasn't aware that GPs can be THAT loud!!

Advertisement