Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of Becoming a guard

• 07-09-2008 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

First time posting here. Myself and the fella have been talking about becoming guards, his parents are prison officers and cant praise becoming a guard more. Now I hope not to offend any hard core guard wannabes but I would only be going for it as it seems to be a good career and the equestrian side seems interesting. Anyone any interesting insights or advice to offer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Puddleduck wrote: »
    the equestrian side seems interesting.

I know you said it's a good career but I wouldn't join the guards for equestrian:confused: If you are that strongly about it join the army, who are more strongly into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭D500B

Its a handy number. Pretty much everyone in it is doing so cause its a good career or for the sense of comradery.
    I am amn't a guard myself but I understand from a few that templemore can be quite good fun if you get on well with the others. I've no idea how easy it would be to get in the mounted unit. You'd be best to ask someone how easy is it to switch to an area (ie bikes, horses etc) it might be very easy or very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

D500B wrote: »
    Its a handy number. Pretty much everyone in it is doing so cause its a good career or for the sense of comradery.
    I am amn't a guard myself but I understand from a few that templemore can be quite good fun if you get on well with the others. I've no idea how easy it would be to get in the mounted unit. You'd be best to ask someone how easy is it to switch to an area (ie bikes, horses etc) it might be very easy or very hard.

The horse thing was just something Id have an interest in entering into, but its more the career end of things Id be doing it for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭lightyear

D500B wrote: »

Handy number?
    Ahahaha
    No.

Advertisement