Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low calorie & low fat ice cream?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

http://www.styles-icecream.co.uk/slimewe.html

Not sure if this really is 'healthy' but its meant to be delicious. Is 5% sugar a lot?

Well to give you an idea Ben & Jerry's Vanilla has twice as much sugar seven times more fat and about 155 more calories than the Slim Ewe per 100g. Corrin Hill frozen yoghurt also has over twice as much sugar.So as far as desserts go it's not that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Not sure if this really is 'healthy' but its meant to be delicious. Is 5% sugar a lot?
    It's not that bad for a dessert to be honest. I think it would probably be stretching the imagination to classify the ice cream as healthy, but as treats go this one would definitely have good damage limitation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Thanks G'em and cowzerp. My mum, sister and niece who are all notoriously difficult to please all thought it was delicious. It doesn't taste healthy so I'm guessing it really would feel like a treat. I don't know if I mentioned this but seemingly its available in health food shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

You can make your own very low cal/low fat "icecream" by mixing a good heaped teaspoon of cocoa powder, sweetener and a little coffee to a smooth paste. Then whisk a couple of egg whites, fold in the cocoa mixture until the whole thing is brown, and freeze. Makes about two portions, almost all protein.

Advertisement