Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M9 - Waterford motorway construction updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tomtraubert

Yes StarSpangler is correct as I told you all along, I'll admit i did wobble a bit, but not opening. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Star Spangler

Yes StarSpangler is correct as I told you all along, I'll admit i did wobble a bit, but not opening. Fact.

Fair dues to your knowledge there Tom, as it was only this morning that the plan was changed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Well done RAFA, these threads always need an i told ya so quote!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tomtraubert

Fair dues to your knowledge there Tom, as it was only this morning that the plan was changed!

Well if anyone ever bothered to ring KCC they would have told them that it was going to open next year, not this year, that was the official line then and still is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Ive been informed that the opening of the Kilcullen-Carlow link has been deferred until January by request of the Transport Minister.

Why did he make that request?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Furet wrote: »
    Why did he make that request?

He has to open a creche in Ballivor on Monday and then he has to turn the lights on in the Old Peoples home in Stamullen and will finish at Navan Racecourse where an important announcement is expected of him.

The whole of Kildare Kilkenny Carlow and Waterford can feck off till well after christmas :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

....but,but but

it was in the Irish Times , the Paper of Record, it must be open on MOnday

Dempsey is too busy , the motorway can wait until friday the 8th of January 2010 at 2pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 kildareman007

who confirmed this postponment????? the nra were giving nxt Monday as their date..... who the hell said January. Are you sure........but...but.....its not fair

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Silverado

The news is a little better on the Waterford-Danesfort leg. They have just lined the bit around the Dunkitt overpass and the Blackwater Bridge is also done along with it. Presumably this means that the Blackwater Bridge is now finished and usable.

Up at the Mullinavat Junction a lot of road washing is being done on one side (see photo) and it appears to be getting prepped for the tarmac topcoats. Is it possible that we could we see one side complete before the Christmas break? If so then the other side shouldn’t take too long and early February trafficking could be on the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NedNew

If the motorway opening is indeed held up on account of one pathetic figurehead then that highlights clearly all that is wrong in this country. Glory for one is more important than a nice christmas present for the common citizen (who of course has paid for all this).

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

NedNew wrote: »
    If the motorway opening is indeed held up on account of one pathetic figurehead then that highlights clearly all that is wrong in this country. Glory for one is more important than a nice christmas present for the common citizen (who of course has paid for all this).

i just email sent to pressoffice@transport.ie and info@transport.ie with those sentiments!

Castledermot over the last few days shows this and on 22-24 dec it will only be worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Dempsey is too busy , the motorway can wait until friday the 8th of January 2010 at 2pm.

Nobody cares about Noel or his busy life, If hes busy, hes needs to get busier!

Like a REAL person.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,780 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They HAVE to mean the "official" opening rather than the real opening, surely? Jesus christ, I despair for this country....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

C'mon lads, it's not April 1st just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

If this is true we should start a campaign against Dempsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Villain wrote: »
    If this is true we should start a campaign against Dempsey.

Joe Duffy should be called - we have a safe dual carriageway ready to open and with all the rubbish they talk about road safety especially over the christmas period with more people on the roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 arcus

Cant believe that the Irish Times would be wrong on this link below;

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/1216/1224260761179.html

The M9 Kilcullen to Carlow has to open this side of Christmas - new signage going up by the hour around Kilcullen junctions all day today.................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

That is a disgrace, if true. It is presumably being delayed so that Dempsey can get his face on the evening news.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Please tell me this is a bad dream or something..it would be an absolute outrage for us to have to wait another 2 or 3 weeks for that tool to officially open it. I pray to God common sense will prevail and as stated will open next Mon afternoon.

• Advertisement

Get every radio station in the south east on the case if you lot want a safe road for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

people lets start spamming.
    noel.dempsey@oireachtas.ie

just emailed him myself.
    not happy about this.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

if the opening is postponed past next monday.... kildare co council could have blood on their hands. Every day and I mean every day there is a serious car crash between Kilcullen and Castledermot. Every day this week near Castledermot there has been a bad crash. I witnessed one yesterday wheer a toyota starlet rear-ended a BMW 3 series with 6 occupants in total. All very badly shook.....lucky there were no life threatening injuries....but there will be one soon if they keep messing up Castledermot.
    Come on lads.......we need publictity on this monumental disaster...... open this road before christmas as planned or some poor families will suffer the consequences........

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

It would be interesting to see what would happen if there was a fatal accident on the N9 between Kilcullen and Carlow and a FOI request revealed that that tool Dempsey had instructed them to hold off for the photo op. Surely he'd have to resign (not).

I was hoping to use the M9 on the 26th, fingers crossed it'll be open.

well if they postpone the opening they are shower of gobs$%£es!!! god almighty the damn thing is ready..... if its true...dempsey should be drove-over on it first!!! i'll start the massey and flatten him!!! (only joking garda) i have emailed the NRA, Dempsey, Cowen, and Mahatma Ghandai!!! (he a very nice man.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/traffic/story.asp?id=106694
    Kildare - Traffic is down to one lane on the M9 Dublin/Carlow Rd for 3km’s at Kilcullen until Thurs 24th Dec approx
    Updated: 16/12/2009 14:03:41
    This is part of the ongoing roadworks and the traffic layout has been changed recently. All traffic was using the southbound carriageway and will now use the northbound carriageway. Motorists should approach this new layout with caution

http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/traffic/story.asp?id=99492
    Kildare - The M9 Kilcullen to Carlow motorway opening ceremony will take place at 2pm
    Updated: 16/12/2009 15:10:56
    The road will be open to the public by 3pm. The new motorway links Kilcullen to the Carlow bypass and bypasses Castledermot.

Looks like it won't be open this side of Christmas :mad: the date is removed that had a date yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭emfifty

rameire wrote: »
    people lets start spamming.
    noel.dempsey@oireachtas.ie

just emailed him myself.
    not happy about this.

Have left a message with Mr. Dempsey's office in Navan.

Strength in numbers so feel free to contact via email or telephone directly.

http://www.noeldempsey.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

I've emailed the minister, the press office and info @ transport
    It will be interesting to see if I get a response
    This would be a shambolic decision if true

the real reason the road wont be opened next Monday is because the Ministers are on Christmas holidays from this Friday..... so thats it!!!
    well done Minister - put your own personal comfort before ordinary working peoples lives..... we wouldnt expect any different. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

This road has to opened if it is ready. If 1 person even gets injured never die on the old road there will be hell.
    Everyone has to do their bit on this. Email local papers, radio, ministers, local ministers and failing that lets either 1 blockade the old road or 2 break on to the new.
    This is beyond belief if it is true, I really thought that this country had started to turn the corner on this type of Banana Republic politics.
    I'm speechless......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement