Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M9 - Waterford motorway construction updates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭placard

Common.. how long does it take to cut a ribbon. It's not like it's far from Leinster House. Put the opening forward to Friday. If they can't do that then Roadbridge should open it before the official ceremony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NedNew

Email duly sent to noel.dempsey@oireachtas.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

dougal wrote: »
    Joe Duffy should be called - we have a safe dual carriageway ready to open and with all the rubbish they talk about road safety especially over the christmas period with more people on the roads!
    Exactly, sad but true but Joe is probably the best hope now for a pre Christmas opening. Consider all their road safety NCT bluster today it makes a total joke of their road safety priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I'll be calling his office tomorrow and if it isn't going to open Gerry Ryan and Joe Duffy will be the next call

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I suggest as many people as possible get onto the local stations ;
    KCLR- reception@kclr96fm.com
    KFM- studio@kfmradio.com

Sue Nunn may be able to get to the bottom of this shambolic situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

placard wrote: »
    Common.. how long does it take to cut a ribbon.

Maybe he just misplaced his scissors and he doesn't want to tell anyone, poor thing. :(

E-mail duly sent btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭johnbk

I have followed this roads progress since I moved to Kilkenny from the Northwest eight years ago. I have always been impressed by the foresight of our leaders (i.e. Politicians) in planning, building and future proofing such an important piece of infrastructure. I couldn’t think of any possible reason why this road should not be opened, none! if it is indeed finished. Considering how it appears, that the reason is simply down to a ministerial request, then I am disgusted with his short-sightedness.

For what is worth I have emailed the Department of Transport too and I do think it will make a difference if enough people do the same.

My views are my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Just goes to show how out of touch these loons that supposedly run our country are. They think we don't know anything and can fob us off.
    Come on people power and boards.ie!

Heading over to the Politics forum to see if anyone has any info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 kildareman007

i dont know if they give a rats arse about us or the road....politicians are a shower of grabbers. Next Monday dont suit the minister so.....to hell with us and He will open the road when it suits him....probable after a 2 week stint in Barbados where he has a holiday villa and private pool. wait till you see the tan on him when he arrives..................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Two suggestions if you want to get more people to ring and e-mail.

1) With relevant verification, create a new thread here, one in Commuting & Transport and possibly one in Politics.

2) Politics.ie, Skyscraper City and other such sites may be good places to highlight this issue.

And of course obviously, if any of your family, friends and co-workers have any interest in this it would be advisable to get them to shoot off an e-mail or give the relevant authorities a call.

If it is indeed true that this is down to a ministerial request, then it is utterly unacceptable and everything that is possible must be done to try and make some sort of difference. Dempsey should not be given one iota of credit should the road be opened in January (not that he deserves any now, mind you).

fair play to ya Villain........ u kno wha ur bout!!!!!
    give em beans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭sk8board

jeez guys. I go away for ONE day, one measly short few hours, safe in the knowledge that Castledermot would be a thing of the past next week, and I log back in only to find myself emailling a goverment minister!

W - T - F

newsdesk@irishtimes.com would be interested in this no doubt. If they get a few more mails it's harder to ignore the story I would imagine.

Good idea but it won't make tomorrows paper so I think Radio media should be contact first and if we fail to make any impact tomorrow then perhaps print media next

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Villain wrote: »
    Heading to politics.ie now to start a thread

The link back to here does not work .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

if the opening is postponed past next monday.... kildare co council could have blood on their hands. Every day and I mean every day there is a serious car crash between Kilcullen and Castledermot. Every day this week near Castledermot there has been a bad crash. I witnessed one yesterday wheer a toyota starlet rear-ended a BMW 3 series with 6 occupants in total. All very badly shook.....lucky there were no life threatening injuries....but there will be one soon if they keep messing up Castledermot.
    Come on lads.......we need publictity on this monumental disaster...... open this road before christmas as planned or some poor families will suffer the consequences........

I was going to say that sort of collision between two cars travelling in the same direction has nothing to do with the road and everything to do with the driver until...... I read BMW v Micra... then I realised if the motorway had been open this collision could never have happened 'cause no Beemer pilot would ever let a Micra get that close :D.

I hope Jan is just the official opening, it has to open Monday, it just gotta I tells you, it just gotta (sniff, wipes tear)!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

Could also email the following

Matt Cooper - thelastword@todayfm.com
    Mary Wilson - drivetime@rte.ie
    George Hook - therighthook@newstalk.ie
    Eamonn Keane - lunchtime@newstalk.ie

I'm in the process of doing all plus the ones above.

Maybe a headline like..
    Minister postpones vital M9 road opening due to holidays

Or
    Minister puts holidays ahead of road safety

Who knows. Maybe he'll be shamed into it.

Edit: Assuming of course this is why it's postponed. But then the AA did have an alert up about the opening ceremony so it must have been cancelled for some reason.

C.

castledermot is for life.....not just for Xmas!!!!!! be kind to her......she's been abused for years, she is getting dirty -cracks appearing, even leaks!!!! I dont think she will ever be the same again!!!

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    The link back to here does not work .

Cheers fixed it

EVERYBODY email Brian Cowen and tell him to take a 3 Mile detour from the M7 on his way to Tullamore via Portlaoise of a day and OPEN the road and SAVE a life in the South East this christmas.

Just because his own lazy and arrogant Transport Minister would rather legalise lights on bicycles than open this motorway does not mean he cannot step in and do it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Email sent to Vincent Browne

vincent@browne.it

his show is coming up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

Has a Facebook Group been made yet? Seemed to make the news for John Joe from Late Late Toy Show and the Henry farce?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭smdweb

This is rediculious. Typical Ministers. They got an extra weeks holidays too !:eek:

I've just shoved a post on my blog - Ta Fearg Mor orm !
    http://shanemcdonald.org/myblog/2009-12-16/opening-of-carlow-kilcullen-section-of-m9-delayed-by-transport-minister/
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Lads, are ye all sure about this? Great to see people power being mobilised.

morningireland@rte.ie breakfast@newstalk.ie todaypk@rte.ie twitter.com/morning_ireland and dare I say joe@rte.ie

If nothing else at least hopefully we will get a definitive answer as to whether this is Dempseys call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

just emailed everybody and their son.
    anybody know the ATM robbers, see if we can borrow one of their diggers to move a few bollards.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

Dempsey will send some PR Bunny from the NRA along to talk ****e for him.

Just remove teh barriers and open it yeerselves on monday , that is what people power is. The contractors laid the security off last friday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement