Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M9 - Waterford motorway construction updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭johnbk

There is no where for non motorway traffic to go other than onto the M9 at this point so the restriction signs seem out of place.

Also the sign to the left for Dublin is confusing as you also have to keep left at this point for Waterford. The second overhead sign is correct but you have little warning at this point.:confused:

My views are my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 kieranb07

They are putting cones down for about a half mile strip at the danesfort junction southbound.. Anyone know why this is? Also they were putting the stuff for helping you stop at the Hebron roundabout there yesterday which is one of the final things they do, so does that mean the KK slip road is finished? If so does anyone think there is a chance that the road could be opened for the weekend especially with the annual kilkenny road trip on sunday? and just let mr. minister have his Booze up on the 9th??

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It certainly won't be open anytime Saturday anyway as there is a charity cycle taking place on it Saturday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Silverado

kieranb07 wrote: »
    ...... and just let mr. minister have his piss up on the 9th??
    I thought this was a civilised forum, do we really need these four letter words.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    It certainly won't be open anytime Saturday anyway as there is a charity cycle taking place on it Saturday afternoon

ah crap, thanks for making my day...lol

• Advertisement

Silverado wrote: »
    I thought this was a civilised forum, do we really need these four letter words.

oh im sorry edited..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,794 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Silverado wrote: »

How is "piss up" in any way uncivilised? This isn't AmericanPuritans.com...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

kieranb07 wrote: »
    oh im sorry edited..

Why, are they your mother & are you 12 ?.
    Silverado must be on a wind up, put the internet back in the box son.
    Piss is part of the acceptable vernacular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭oharach

Since his next post contained another 4-letter word "Ah crap", I presumed the "Oh sorry" in the second post was sarcastic. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Well I for one will be shouting "Halle-f**king-lujah" once the road is finished.
    I'm due to drive from Carlow to Middleton on the 13th of Sept.
    I hope Monday the 9th is still the official day.
    Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Well I for one will be shouting "Halle-f**king-lujah" once the road is finished.
    I'm due to drive from Carlow to Middleton on the 13th of Sept.
    I hope Monday the 9th is still the official day.
    Fingers crossed.

Nope - It's Thursday the 9th:D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eass82

Wow, 2 days to go and theres an eerie silence in here! Dont see anything on the munster/news&star/kk people websites. Its not been put back has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Wahey,

I have to be in Mullingar for 2 on Friday. Will have time for a blaa now! Bye bye catland!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

I have a meeting in Dublin at 11 on Thursday...

wonder will road be open or will there be a delay because of open cerimony..

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

savic04 wrote: »
    I have a meeting in Dublin at 11 on Thursday...

wonder will road be open or will there be a delay because of open cerimony..

I'd say there will be a bit of back slapping due to go on. You might get home on it though

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭bemak

whats the story with service stations on this new road. when the dreaded yellow light comes on which turn offs are the quickest along the way for a stop?

bemak wrote: »
    whats the story with service stations on this new road. when the dreaded yellow light comes on which turn offs are the quickest along the way for a stop?

ATM Knocktopher & Paulstown Juctions are quiet close to petrol stations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Bards wrote: »
    ATM Knocktopher & Paulstown Juctions are quiet close to petrol stations

Where in Paulstown???

Leighlinbridge( powerstown) is quite close to a petrol station though.

Where in Paulstown???

Leighlinbridge( powerstown) is quite close to a petrol station though.

isn't there one on the Kilkenny side of Paulstown on the present N10 not far from the junction with the current N9?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

Heard today the motorway wont be open until sat 11 aug, is this correct. Cant seem to find out on the web.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

draward wrote: »
    Heard today the motorway wont be open until sat 11 aug, is this correct. Cant seem to find out on the web.

Another year?! :eek:

:pac:

zootroid wrote: »
    Another year?! :eek:

:pac:

HA HA no this year (i am from kk i live near it )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

draward wrote: »
    HA HA no this year (i am from kk i live near it )

So you mean sat 11th sept as opposed to aug 11th?

tech2 wrote: »
    So you mean sat 11th sept as opposed to aug 11th?

yes i am sorry

oh the shame

didn't know ministers do road openings on a Saturday:rolleyes:

Unless I hear anything to the contrary - I reckon it will be the 9th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

On OpenStreetMap, we're in the process of opening the M9 and (hah!) N10 spur right now, a little early to allow the rendered maps to catch up in time. We could do with a little help from anybody with knowledge of that new numbers will be given to the downgraded old sections of N9 and N10.

Perhaps there are new signs already erected, or some other clue.

Our assumptions so far:
    • All N9 sections will become R448
    • Except on the Kilkenny Bypass, all old N10 sections will be downgraded to Regional road, but we don't know what number(s) they will carry
    • On the Kilkenny Bypass, where up until now there were sections of N10, N76 and N77, there will now be only N76 and N77. But where will the split be? My theory is that they will be at the roundabout providing access to the new N10 spur.

All help gratefully received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Still tomorrow according to the AA but it's all very quiet in the press

http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/AA-Roadwatch/Story.aspx?id=99552

• Registered Users Posts: 68,794 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bards wrote: »
    isn't there one on the Kilkenny side of Paulstown on the present N10 not far from the junction with the current N9?

Long since closed I believe.

Currently the only petrol station I can remember passing between Powerstown and Kilkenny is on the Leighlinbridge Bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Before when making the Dublin -Waterford journey you could stop in Gowran or Thomastown for petrol,those are both bypassed now.
    There is nothing existing at the Danesfort junction but there is an abandoned petrol station at Paulstown which could be re-opened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

mackerski wrote: »
    Our assumptions so far:
    • All N9 sections will become R448
    • Except on the Kilkenny Bypass, all old N10 sections will be downgraded to Regional road, but we don't know what number(s) they will carry
    • On the Kilkenny Bypass, where up until now there were sections of N10, N76 and N77, there will now be only N76 and N77. But where will the split be? My theory is that they will be at the roundabout providing access to the new N10 spur.

All help gratefully received.

Would the N10 not run from junction 8 on the M9 to junction 9 on the M9 via the Kilkenny bypass?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement