Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M20 - Cork to Limerick [preferred route chosen; in design - phase 3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Personally I think Dempsey is the token twit in an administration of cynics. A complete idiot. I recall early last year he stated that we "couldn't continue to build roads just for he sake of it".

If that is what he thought he was doing before 2009 then 'tis no wonder we are in a state of chassis. :(
    classic, now I know why all answers from Ministers in the Dail are written in advance!

is there any more news on this scheme or is it all down to waiting until the 27th for a decision? Are there still funds in place for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

corktina wrote: »
    Theres a lot of traffic using the Newmarket/Kanturk road to Charleville at the moment as part of a cross country route from as far away as Macroom and Kenmare.Even if a lot of this diverted via Mallow , there will be serious hold ups at the mallow railway Bridge roundabout.
    Do not forget the Traffic from Limerick to Killarney. I use that route as it is far easier to travel than passing through Adare / Newcastle west / Abbeyfeale / castleisland / fanafore which is always a bottleneck in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

41 year old man killed just north of Rathduff this morning :-(
    May he rest in peace ...

http://irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/man-dies-following-cork-crash-477790.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

busman wrote: »
    41 year old man killed just north of Rathduff this morning :-(
    May he rest in peace ...

http://irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/man-dies-following-cork-crash-477790.html

+1. I never travel that road. I use the nad road. 50% of the drivers want to crawl at 60kph and the other 50% want to speed!!!. I cant see what happened but its a tragic loss of a young life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

is there any more news on this scheme or is it all down to waiting until the 27th for a decision? Are there still funds in place for this?

With the way things are going I doubt any of the M20 will be built anytime soon. :( Traffic levels wouldnt be able to justify a tolled PPP either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got caught in the initial tailback very near the crash scene today (was heading from Cork City to Buttevant this morning). Knew it had to be bad from the amount of emergency services vehicles attending.

How many more are going to die before the M20 is built, you have to wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

not the roads fault in this case.My sympathy to the deceased family and friends and to the Truck driver and witnnesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭cjpm

Another two non fatal collisions on the road in the last few days. One a few days ago and the other last night. Both close enough to the Stag Monument.

The sooner the M20 is built the better. ABP Inspector has to announce his decision be the 28th of this month AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Wild Bill wrote: »
    These anti-roads folk will come up with any c**p that pops out of their a*******, won't they? They opposed a string of motorways in and around Dublin on the basis that they would only encourage more cars and get clogged up.

But, in Limerick/Cork it seems they won't do that atall atall - but will be left unused.

If they followed their own logic the very creation of the M20 would result in the cars coming.

But the Greenies don't do logic. :cool:
    If my uncle in Ballycommane reads the above, he'll need to up the blood pressure tablets. "Yosadawns as high as an elephant's eye will grow in my fields before one of those concrete columns will be erected there. My father and his father before him tilled these fields without any encroachment from modernity". Well, apart from a few cheques from Brussels, that is. So NRA, you'd better up your offer or he'll bring in some more Hen Harriers :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭serfboard

Spread wrote: »
    "My father and his father before him tilled these fields without any encroachment from modernity".

So he's still farming the same way his grandfather did, without a tractor, milking his cows by hand, tilling the field with a hand-held horse-driven plough, bringing the churn of milk to the creamery on the ass and cart, and so on?

And I thought the Amish were only in America. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Spread wrote: »
    If my uncle in Ballycommane reads the above, he'll need to up the blood pressure tablets. "Yosadawns as high as an elephant's eye will grow in my fields before one of those concrete columns will be erected there. My father and his father before him tilled these fields without any encroachment from modernity". Well, apart from a few cheques from Brussels, that is. So NRA, you'd better up your offer or he'll bring in some more Hen Harriers :rolleyes:

Don't get me started. The only good Hen Harrier is a dead Hen Harrier. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Arup Consulting Engineers appointed consultants for M20 southern section, maybe it will go ahead in the not too distant future.

http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=OCT178916

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Planning decision is due today according to ABP's website.

Will they update that site with the result?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Will they update that site with the result?

Tommorrow I would say. They normally update it fairly fast.

I emailed ABP. The decision won't be made until 2 December, as the inspector's report is not yet complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Furet wrote: »
    I emailed ABP. The decision won't be made until 2 December, as the inspector's report is not yet complete.

Seems inspectors in ABP can never work to a deadline :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭cjpm

dubhthach wrote: »
    Seems inspectors in ABP can never work to a deadline :rolleyes:

The 2nd Dec is fast approaching. I suppose this will fall into a black hole as no politician will be bothered flagging it. It's only hope is if someone like Sean Sherlock starts kicking up a fuss. Although i won't hold my breath as Labour won't give a sh*t about infrastructure so that the public pay rates are maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wingfo

:mad:dont think we can afford to fill a pothole in our current gloom not a mind
    build a new motorway pity thou .

• Advertisement

Tomorrow is decision day. Will Buttevant get its junction? Will the MSA be moved further north?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

wingfo wrote: »
    :mad:dont think we can afford to fill a pothole in our current gloom not a mind
    build a new motorway pity thou .

Not entirely true - intention is to spend €1.5 billion on transport next year and several major projects look likely to proceed.

Chin up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wingfo

good news anything definate on m20 if all goes well tomorrow

Just rang ABP. Decision not expected till ballpark date of 28 January. :(

sheesh, how many times are they going to put this back

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭martiin

Just rang ABP. Decision not expected till ballpark date of 28 January. :(

Did you ask which year? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mnagle

martiin wrote: »
    Did you ask which year? :p

How does todays budget effect this project?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

It doesnt, as it had already been postponed. I dont believe its cancelled, unlike some other stuff. It'll be taken through the statutory processes but wont be built until post 2015 and some recovery.

Both sections are still PPPs but at a ballpark figure I dont think the whole of the M20 will be open until about 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mnagle

When was it postponed? I didnt here about it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

2 weeks ago.

Advertisement