Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M20 - Cork to Limerick [preferred route chosen; in design - phase 3]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

KC161 wrote: »
    Is that the place with the petrol station on the right if your re heading for Limerick? a Go Safe van parks in the bus stop while operating?
    Yeah.

There's a "BUS ONLY" and "GARDA CAR ONLY" place at the crossroads. Speed van parks in "GARDA CAR ONLY". Technically illegal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

marno21 wrote: »
    Who knew common sense would prevail?
    Indeed at this stage I would be surprised if this didn't make it on to the plan as part of next year's review. A lot of momentum now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

spacetweek wrote: »
    Indeed at this stage I would be surprised if this didn't make it on to the plan as part of next year's review. A lot of momentum now.

Fingers crossed you're right!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

When is this famous review taking place?

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    When is this famous review taking place?

Some time next year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Now confirmed as "Early 2017". Apparently brought forward due to economic growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,416 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Now confirmed as "Early 2017". Apparently brought forward due to economic growth.

It's hardly ready to go is it? Are CPOs etc all ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

road_high wrote: »
    It's hardly ready to go is it? Are CPOs etc all ready?

I think he's on about the review.

I think he's on about the review.

Yeah sorry, never hit the quote tick box. Pascal Donohue confirmed it in his budget speech that the review will be announced early next year. Likely with lots of stuff that will be going ahead fairly close to the next election.

Yeah sorry, never hit the quote tick box. Pascal Donohue confirmed it in his budget speech that the review will be announced early next year. Likely with lots of stuff that will be going ahead fairly close to the next election.

They're great at reviewing and reporting into things (for the 20th time, usually). Crack on and build the bloody thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

FF and FG pretty much have a monopoly on government, if they both adopted the same policy on projects, they could just get on and build them and there would be less money to waste in other areas, welfare increases for example...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

FF have said they will support 3 FG budgets.

Unless something drastic happens I cannot see this government going the full 5 year term.

If Micheal Martin gets a sniff of a chance at getting into power he'll bring down Enda & co.

What will become of this road after the next G.E is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

and who would FF go into government with? SF not a chance, it only leaves FG, assuming they would be the smaller party, but seat wise I reckon they will be neck and neck...

Idbatterim wrote: »
    and who would FF go into government with? SF not a chance, it only leaves FG, assuming they would be the smaller party, but seat wise I reckon they will be neck and neck...

In the unlikely event Brendan Howlin got the numbers anything is possible for a FF/LAB/IND government.

You can be sure as hell the likes of Mattie McGrath and Lowry will prop them up.

This road is of no interest to them so the funding could be shifted to shut them up all for the sake of power.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

KC161 wrote: »
    In the unlikely event Brendan Howlin got the numbers anything is possible for a FF/LAB/IND government.

You can be sure as hell the likes of Mattie McGrath and Lowry will prop them up.

This road is of no interest to them so the funding could be shifted to shut them up all for the sake of power.

The M20 and the Dublin North metro are probably the two most critical infrastructure projects of national importance yet to go ahead. It is vital that the M20 be started soon. If Cork and Limerick are to have any hope of growing to achieve their potential, they must have a full motorway connection.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    The M20 and the Dublin North metro are probably the two most critical infrastructure projects of national importance yet to go ahead. It is vital that the M20 be started soon. If Cork and Limerick are to have any hope of growing to achieve their potential, they must have a full motorway connection.

I 100% agree with you on that. However, I don't see myself driving on the M20 before 2030 at the very earliest. we are almost into 2017 and this thing hasn't gotten off the ground properly (yet).

In the paper again today: http://westcorktimes.com/archives/1706

In the paper at least weekly these days which is good to see

I'm getting that little bit more hopeful about seeing action on this next year, Government TDs and MEPs usually don't make these kind of calls unless they're fairly confident that something will happen. The facts in the article speak for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Bad crash outside buttevant on the charleville side.

• Advertisement

Bad crash outside buttevant on the charleville side.

Dare I say what new? Seems to be a weekly occurrence on this goat track now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Looks to be on sweeping narrow bends alright. Travelled it only a few times but it's like the old N9 in that regard.
    The economic cost of all these crashes must be severe. As well as the physical effects on the people involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Was travelling north on the road yesterday and was diverted off at Buttevant for Churchtown, the minor roads aren't much worse.

Was travelling north on the road yesterday and was diverted off at Buttevant for Churchtown, the minor roads aren't much worse.
    The usual Buttevant diversion, L1327/R581 via Doneraile, is not much worse than the existing N20 north and south of Buttevant. Only for it being so long and circuitous it would be a realistic way of getting around Buttevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

If you turn off at Lisballyhea for Doneraile and proceed along that road for 1km and turn right,there's a minor road with a good surface which will take you all the way into Buttevant, a short but good detour.
    I used this road a lot during the roadworks and from there if you head east and take the next right tire is a road which brings you out at the Abbey opposite Ballybeg quarry,this road however detiorated badly last year during the rains.

"Just go and build the M20 motorway".

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/padraig-hoare-just-go-and-build-the-m20-motorway-437186.html

Everything here makes sense but how long more will we be waiting for? How long more must the south west be stymied with unfit for purpose boreens carrying >15k vehicles a day? How long more must there be fatal accidents along an intercity road?

"Just go and build the M20 motorway".

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/padraig-hoare-just-go-and-build-the-m20-motorway-437186.html

Everything here makes sense but how long more will we be waiting for? How long more must the south west be stymied with unfit for purpose boreens carrying >15k vehicles a day? How long more must there be fatal accidents along an intercity road?

Oh how Enda's comments in February came to haunt him in the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Wow. I hadn't heard those comments by Kenny before.

It shows what he thinks of Cork.

The truth is that Cork has the poorest road connections of any city in Ireland. By 2018, all other cities in Ireland will be connected to at least 2 other cities by motorway. The exception of course is Cork.

Per population, Cork now probably has the poorest transport network in the land.

Sarsfield and Brandon Road Roundabout inprovement was basically lipstick on a pig.

This FG government will not fund the M20. Simply as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Where will Waterford have a connection to?

Advertisement