Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cubase 4

Options
  • 07-09-2008 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

ive been working away on cracked cubases since the original sx, but its recently been starting to cause issues with the bogey sx3 i have. projects are getting corrupted, it decides to disable the native asio on my soundcard, it crashes on opening files etc and its just proving to be a massive pain in the balls, so ive decided i may as well actually buy the bloody thing

i havent gotten to use c4 since it hasnt been cracked, so im looking for some feedback from users mainly on the changes that have been implemented since sx3. a lot of the reviews ive been reading have been a mix of positive and "good ideas not quite pulled off", so im a little wary of spunking €400 on something ive not used and dont know anyone who uses

id buy sx 3, but i cant find it anywhere online

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭danjokill

Nice to see you're going legit.

I had SX3 and moved to C4. (I did this via the upgrade offer at the time)
    The only issue I have had is that the projects are not back computable to SX3

C4 Will open SX3 but theres no option to save in the SX3 format. This maybe an issue if you are sharing projects.

Also I had to reinstall my VST's (This issue has been fixed in the later 4.x) versions of the release.

C4 does not support DX plugin's directly so you need to use a freeware vsti who's name eludes me at the moment to open your DX effects within the cubase environment.

But all in all i advise the upgrade. it is a much more stable and generally better to work with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

excellent, i think ill just bite the bullet and buy it today. should have it for the weekend hopefully. if you remember the name of that freeware could you post it in here? ive a good few dx plugs that i still use.

how do the dx plugs hold up running through that software? stable enough yeh?

Will do, You can drop over and i'll burn it to a CD if you like i normally keep a copy of anything i download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭bedbugs

I moved from SX3 to 4 also. Version 4 was buggy as hell, but was fixed up by v4.1.2. They've just released v5 which I've been using heavily for almost a week and it seems to be rock solid.

The drag and drop feature for inserts is really welcome and a very creative tool when looking for the right sound. The control room feature is great too. Many other new features that you can see on steiny's website.

Enjoy.

theyre up to 5? jesus

is there much of a difference between the 2? would it be worth just going to 5 straight away or getting 4 and upgrading to 6 when its out?

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    theyre up to 5? jesus

is there much of a difference between the 2? would it be worth just going to 5 straight away or getting 4 and upgrading to 6 when its out?

Thats version 4.5

The updates are the point numbers after the 4 and they are free once you have a legit copy.

Another plus point is when they do go to version C5 you'll be able to buy it at reduced rate. But I don't see that coming for a year or two at least

aaah gotcha

phew, had me worried lol

just been on to dolphin and theyll to it for £334, which is €413 ex shipping

thinking id be better going with them than a non eu ebay seller, what do yis reckon?

know of anywhere thatll do a better price than dolphin are offering?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

I've been driving around in a stolen car but now it keeps breaking down.
    I'd love to try the new model but I can't find one to steal, so I may have to buy it. Will the new one I buy be as good as the stolen one I have been driving around in.

You CAN'T discuss this on this forum!

oh do be quiet

nobodys talking about where to find anything, or extolling the virtues of it. im buying the legit version of 4 and i mentioned what i mentioned to give my reasons, as i wanted to make sure everything was stable

christ on a bike some of the people on boards are utterly ridiculous at times

i never said i was remotely intending on using a cracked version of 4, im buying a legit version because cracked software is proving troublesome. get over it. theres NO discussion about cracks on here, at least there wasnt until your post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

"im buying a legit version because cracked software is proving troublesome"
    I've made my "utterly rediculous" point and will leave it at that.

you do that

went with dolphin in the end, £350 in total, which is €435

i feel poor

went with dolphin in the end, £350 in total, which is €435

i feel poor

Not bad

yeh, over a ton cheaper than thomann

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Welcome in from the Dark Side ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I've been driving around in a stolen car but now it keeps breaking down.
    I'd love to try the new model but I can't find one to steal, so I may have to buy it. Will the new one I buy be as good as the stolen one I have been driving around in.

ok speaking as someone who is actually hit by torrents, I agree that using cracked copies etc. is unethical etc.

But...
    your analogy is logically wrong as he is not driving around a stolen car. He is driving around a copy of a stolen car, that nobody knows exists, and nobody misses.
    The 'stealing' is actually the using of a clone.

I am completely against bootlegging etc. but it is not stealing, and anyone who is prepared to 'steal' music, software, movies, etc. is not going to be persuaded by the 'stealing' argument. Unfortunately.

What I say usually to people is, 'if you like something and want to get a copy of it, keep it legit so the people that make it can stay in business'.

Unfortunately bittorrent didn't exist when the commandments were given so people are going to have to figure out the ethics of it for themselves.

see, i generally spend all my money on hardware, and i use that far more, but as i was pushing over to the pc based sequencer more and more i was realising that cracked gear just wont cut it in terms of stability so ill be in the "if you want it to work right buy it" camp after this

hardware is still my bitch tho

see, i generally spend all my money on hardware, and i use that far more, but as i was pushing over to the pc based sequencer more and more i was realising that cracked gear just wont cut it in terms of stability so ill be in the "if you want it to work right buy it" camp after this

hardware is still my bitch tho

Couldn't agree more hardware is your only man.

danjokill wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more hardware is your only man.

yup definitely, i think its just in my old age tho that im not enjoying scroll scroll press press scroll enter as much as click click lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement