Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What NOT to eat / drink before kissing?

Options
  • 07-09-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭

Dear lounging ladies ...

Having a conversation earlier, arising out of an incident involving shall we say a very strong breath odour experienced by one young lady when she ventured to kiss her Romeo!

Got us chatting about what should be avoided in terms of eating / drinking before such situations might arise ... I would always have considered garlic and raw onions an absolute no-no, and tbh beer (esp. morning after stale beer) is hardly an aphrodisiac, even to a guy.

Was wondering were there other things to add to that list, there were a couple of things mentioned earlier but they seemed to depend on the person ... one person's "ZOMG NO!!!" was another person's "Eh, why? :confused:" etc.

Or any horror stories of being bounced back a mile by the smell of his breath? :D

Thought the wimmen might have more insights on this, let's be honest, lads can ignore almost anything at certain moments ... >_>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Coffee i think is gross and ciggies are awful. I dated a smoker once and hated kissing him on a night out.. eeeeewwwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

garlic, fags, cheese and onion crisps and chewing gum (still in the mouth).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Don't smoke, don't eat garlic or onions, and don't have Guinness breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Star20

Eggs...ab rotton!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Milk is yukky on the breath, if only one of you drinks it. Spinach in the teeth is a turn-off too! For non-smokers like me, kissing a smoker is like kissing an ash tray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Cheese and onion crisps are the worst - the taste takes about a week to go away! Blegh... Smokers are also fairly manky to kiss.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A few things are unsavoury but you'll get over them, however nothing's as bad as kissing a smoker imo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Beer breath I can deal with, but beer and smoke combined is not sexy. I don't like chewing gum breath either. It's a bit odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

and they ask me why i don't 'kiss'....disgusting...imagine that.....basically meeting a packet of walkers cheese and onion...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well in fairness Walkers cheese & onion are pretty crap anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Zaph wrote: »
    Well in fairness Walkers cheese & onion are pretty crap anyway :)

Exactly. If I absolutely had to kiss a packet of cheese and onion crisps in a life or death situation, it'd have to be tayto.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

tuna..not the nicest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Beef Hula Hoops, smells like a rotting cow :o Most crisps other than ready salted or salt and vinegar tbh smell pretty bad. Milk, beer, after smoking are also disgusting to me. I actually love kissing after garlic, but I've been known to eat it raw for dinner so ignore that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

taram wrote: »
    I actually love kissing after garlic, but I've been known to eat it raw for dinner so ignore that ;)
    If both people have been eating it, no problem, it cancels .... :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can't say i have any experience with girls with bad breath even when certain foods are present.. am i lucky?

But personally, i would not kiss after having drank milk or coca cola, if i'm with a girl and these drinks are expected then i shall be prepared with aftermints:)

Oh, and anything smokey bacon related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

Both my boyfriend and I smoke, problem is, we smoke different brands. We hate the smell and taste of each other's cigarettes but will deal when the moment is heated. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Garlic. Unless Im eating it too, which I wouldn't if I was intending on kissing someone in the next day or so!!

Kind crisps as well. Manky after taste.

I will puke into their mouth if anyone shares meat chunks with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Can't say there's really anything at all - At least, nothing a brush of the teeth and some gum won't solve satisfactorily. We just don't really kiss in the morning without brushing our teeth anyway - just in case! Morning breath can be bad, but neither of us drink beer, or eat before bed so never really had any problems. Don't mind kissing Smokers either, never bothered me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Fish, I can't stand fish.... or chocolate milk

In general I hate stale breath, as in someone washes their teeth in the morning, eats whatever stuff during the day, doesn't brush teeth/ use chewing gum/mints

I've been told I can be obsessed about brushing my teeth, I do it after every meal. I'm not talking snacks. Generally I'll go give my teeth a really good brush and gargle with mouthwash if I've eaten onions and I don't realise my bf is calling in because I know he doesn't like them.

And the obvious... beer breath in the morning that smells like death. can't stand it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

garlic...tastes so good, smells so bad....also tastes so bad second hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Mackerel...it truly smells and tastes vile!! Hungry breath is pretty mank also!! And Coffee breath is well dodge, esp if on a relatively empty stomach!!

I was seeing a guy for a while, he was an ass, twas a kind of a convenient fcukbuddy type arrangement. Anyways, we'd usually meet up a t the end of the night and I would take muchos pleasure in eating the smelliest food I could find...onion rings, chips cheese and garlic. He'd ask me 'Do i have to kiss you later after you eating that'....

My reply??? 'Yes, thats why I'm eating it'.

He was the same guy I made sleep on the couch when He thought he was on a promise(its in the worst dates thread). The man had zero respect for women, so i took great pleasure in having zero respect for him!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Oh oh oh!! I thought of another one..

What I called "granny tea", coz it reminds me of the tea in my granny's house. i'm a milky kinda weak tea person but you know when people make tea in the cup and beat the crap out of the tea bag so that the water is really really really dark and then they add a teeny bit of tea in... the smell of that breath puts me off kissing someone...just me!?! :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Guinness and cigarettes... :o yuk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

i kissed a bloke once who i knew had eaten a Hot dog not too long before. YUCK!!! i spent the rest of the night avoiding him trying to kiss me again and eventually running off.

Cigarette breath....uuuugghhhh!!! and once....uh this is gross....i kissed a bloke that i was sure was after getting sick shortly before!!! :eek: gross. just even stick a chewing gum in your mouth for a few minutes!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Coffee breath smells like dog poo :(

The worst has to be when someone has puked after drinking spirits, or redbull. Yuck yuck yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Coffee is sex ;)

Cigarettes, Jack Daniels neat! :p Grossness, I didn't mind at the time though ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Cigarettes, most alcoholic drinks, fish, garlic, crisps, chocolate. All dealbreakers at the moment of impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The taste of kissing someone who has been smoking weed but brushed their teeth tastes exactly like seaweed.

...I kid you not! For some reason the mixed flavour of weed and that weird pink toothpaste tastes just like seaweed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement