Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible Support on Boards.ie

Options
  • 07-09-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Grrrrreat site but the support was terrible.

You last visited: 04-07-2008 at 01:24

Since the above date, I've been sending emails, using the 'Contact' feature of the board etc etc and got no help.

My password never sent for a reset, it's all I wanted.

In the end I was going to create a new account and get them merged.

But today, I randomly thought of my password!

Tried it, and here I am!

But I've to go now for the week Lol.. so I'll be back!!

Edit: My email was spammed to Junk >.<

Argree? 12 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    25% 3 votes
    Certain Sections are Bad for Support
    75% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Ok.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Please hold, all our operators are currently busy.

*cheesy music*

You're call is important to us.

*repeat ad nauseum*

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Please hold, all our operators are currently busy.

*cheesy music*

You're call is important to us.

*repeat ad nauseum*

'' You're call ... '' Lol..

Lol.. that would have been entertaining if that was the case!

I've came here quite a bit, so thankfully you can view everything as a Guest!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

calm down , take your tablets , and try again ( in English this time)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Chatmaster wrote: »
    Grrrrreat site but the support was terrible.

Since the above date, I've been sending emails, using the 'Contact' feature of the board etc etc and got no help.

My password never sent for a reset, it's all I wanted.

In the end I was going to create a new account and get them merged.

But today, I randomly thought of my password!

Tried it, and here I am!

Mods, permission to respond with a funny picture? Please?! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

'' You're call ... '' Lol..

Lol.. that would have been entertaining if that was the case!

I've came here quite a bit, so thankfully you can view everything as a Guest!
    Not everything

o_O

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

1) Is the email address assigned to your account correct?

2) If above is correct, then check your junk mail filters. Emails are being sent from the server fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You should have posted under the Helpdesk. Now you might have to wait a bit more since your being impatient and rude about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Providing you remember your password, and it doesn't get mysteriously changed without anyones help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

No Contact Us emails from user chatmaster - or mentioning chatmaster in the body of the mail.

All emails are answered - (abusive mails are binned). What appears to happen in most instances is that junk/trash filters catch the reply, certainly 90%+ of the "I did not get an activation email" requests are as a result of the the original mail being caught by junk mail filters (hotmail being the worst offender).

When did you send the mails? and how many - it is unusual that I would have missed more that one request.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    1) Is the email address assigned to your account correct?

2) If above is correct, then check your junk mail filters. Emails are being sent from the server fine :)

I'm not sure what my email was, I thought Gmail and then thought hotmail..
    Ruu wrote: »
    You should have posted under the Helpdesk. Now you might have to wait a bit more since your being impatient and rude about it.

I didn't want help cos I got in.. if I cone across as rude then I don't mean to.. I don't think I've been impatient. :(
    Vexorg wrote: »
    No Contact Us emails from user chatmaster - or mentioning chatmaster in the body of the mail.

All emails are answered - (abusive mails are binned). What appears to happen in most instances is that junk/trash filters catch the reply, certainly 90%+ of the "I did not get an activation email" requests are as a result of the the original mail being caught by junk mail filters (hotmail being the worst offender).

When did you send the mails? and how many - it is unusual that I would have missed more that one request.

It could have been hotmail.. I'd say I've emailed twice or three times.. it would be six months minimum I'd image.. cos I got fed up :(

Thanks for looking there. :eek:

OK, I want to apologise for this thread.. :o

I've went in to change my email address, and saw it's a Gmail account I've only used once.. ages ago!

So it was all my fault.

Sorry guys!

Hm, but not sure why sendmessage.php never worked for me..

Advertisement