Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Resit Lectures?

• 07-09-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hey, I failed 4 of my modules in semester 2 last year, and have been automatically assigned to resit them. It's telling me I have only lectures in those modules for this semester, but I it's not coming up on my timetable, and telling me that they have still yet to be announced. I thought they would have by now, but they haven't.
    I'm just wondering if anyone here knows what the deal is with it, will I be attending lectures for them or not, and if so, why hasn't it been announced what times yet?
    Thanks, I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 testybits

Maxthedm wrote: »
    Hey, I failed 4 of my modules in semester 2 last year, and have been automatically assigned to resit them. It's telling me I have only lectures in those modules for this semester, but I it's not coming up on my timetable, and telling me that they have still yet to be announced. I thought they would have by now, but they haven't.
    I'm just wondering if anyone here knows what the deal is with it, will I be attending lectures for them or not, and if so, why hasn't it been announced what times yet?
    Thanks, I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me.

If you're up for resits as opposed to repeats, it means you don't attend lectures, i.e. they're probably not offered in semester 1. You're allowed to change them to repeats if you'd rather attend lectures. Just get your programme office to register you to the repeats manually.

Not sure if that answers your question...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Maxthedm

Hmm, that's a bit confusing as in the registration process it says that for all of them, the class type is lectures, with no labs and tutorials, and it's a resit.... I really don't know what's going on, it's telling me that I have lectures, but not telling me when.
    Underneath my timetable under the heading "Courses without assigned meeting times:" it's listing the modules I'm repeating, followed by "TBA".
    I've been told before that since they're all semster 2 modules, that they can only be resits if I'm redoing them in semester 1, so I can't do repeats for this semester unfortunately, and I really want to pass them at christmas.

What are the course codes?

BIOL10020
    CHEM10050
    CHEM10060
    MATH10080

These are all offered in semester 2 I'm afraid. That means that you will automatically be registered to resit them in sem 1, i.e. you'll be required to sit an exam at xmas or submit work for them. You can change them to sem 2 repeats though and it will cost you the same. Your programme office will change it for you.

Check the online timetable here to check when they're on: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/generalreferencetimetable.html

• Advertisement

Thank you for that. Does that mean if I stick with them being resits in this semster, that I won't have any lectures, and I just have to revise and study the course again outside of college and be doing the resit exam at christmas?

Yeah pretty much. I'm sure if they're pretty big lectures you could sit in on them unnoticed and get all the notes. All that you'd be missing is the tutorials/labs. If you want, you can also choose some of your stage 2 modules this semester to help you catch up. Remember that you'll be a mid-year progression student, therefore you'll be choosing semester 2 modules after xmas. You choose your 'next stage' modules from the elective tab on your SIS. Go to your programme office if you need advice cos many of the stage 2 modules may have pre-req's attached to them. You can choose up to 70 credits in any academic session. Check the course structure site for stage 2 modules: http://www.ucd.ie/incomingstudents/course_search.html

Thank you very much for the info, it's helped get rid of some of some of my confusion and a bit of stress :)

Advertisement