Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie VST plugin question. crackling sounds

Options
  • 07-09-2008 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

I've been trying to use plugins with cakewalk, and can't seem to get them to sound good when inserting them in a track within cakewalk. Using the plugins as a standalone, they work fine, but when I set up a track in cakewalk, and insert a plug in, the playback comes out as crackly, different to what it sounds like as a standalone. I'm not sure what it could be, possibly my settings? I'm relatively new to cakewalk (the newer edition). I'm new to setting up tracks for plugins and stuff like that. It's one of the reasons I kept putting it on the long finger, as I knew it would be frustrating. BUt I have to get over this hump....

any ideas why it might be crackling when I play it as a plugin in cakewalk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

BarryCreed wrote: »
    Hello folks,

I've been trying to use plugins with cakewalk, and can't seem to get them to sound good when inserting them in a track within cakewalk. Using the plugins as a standalone, they work fine, but when I set up a track in cakewalk, and insert a plug in, the playback comes out as crackly, different to what it sounds like as a standalone. I'm not sure what it could be, possibly my settings? I'm relatively new to cakewalk (the newer edition). I'm new to setting up tracks for plugins and stuff like that. It's one of the reasons I kept putting it on the long finger, as I knew it would be frustrating. BUt I have to get over this hump....

Call their support line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Hello folks,

Increase the buffer size in the options maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Sounds like you're getting buffer underrun errors. As Dav said, try increasing the buffer size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

ok, cheers folks, will try the buffer option, then email em if all else fails, instead of bugging the eggheads here...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

ok, cheers folks, will try the buffer option, then email em if all else fails, instead of bugging the eggheads here...:pac:

No bugging! But the support guys are there to help and know (nearly) all the answers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    No bugging! But the support guys are there to help and know (nearly) all the answers

ah, I should have done more research instead of posting a thread up. I should have rummaged around and exhausted all other avenues first...rush of blood to the head..:o

Advertisement