Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Rain/More Floods possible this week.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Lol.

Do you know around what time that will be hitting us Supercell?

Its getting very cloudy here but it seems to be light cloud with no potential in it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

damo9090 wrote: »
    Lol.

Do you know around what time that will be hitting us Supercell?

Any minute...........now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Its a little windy alright:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Within the next half hour i would have thought or not at all, looking at the satellite images it seems to be fragmenting up a lot in the last hour.

There is currently light rain here and its gotten pretty dark so should be imminent here hopefully :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

There is some thicker stuff in the distance.
    It has been spitting rain on and off since i got home at 5 but noting special to report yet.
    Hopefully there is some fun and games on the way. :o

• Advertisement

And there it is, raining properly now, moderate intensity, should be with you in the next 10 mins or so damo9090 :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Blustery showers here, with occasional gusts thrown in for good measure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

No rain here at the moment, and it is not very windy either.

Patchy rain atm.
    Getting darker by the minute though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Supercell wrote: »
    I'll save you the bother of reading these "boring" posts. Banned.

Remind me to never, ever, step on your virtual toes Supercell :D

(Good ban by the way, that idiot sounds like he is a colossal buff :mad:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

A bit of a non-event. Everytime the media hype something up -turns out to be a damp squid. Yesterdays front page news!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

daviddwyer wrote: »
    A bit of a non-event. Everytime the media hype something up -turns out to be a damp squid. Yesterdays front page news!!:confused:

Well that's the media for you. Once a major event happens they latch onto that thread for the next few weeks, so flooding a few weeks ago means every LP system is now watched hawkishly and if it's even moderately heavy or gong to be relatively windy, it is good enough for full page news.

Same thing happened after the terrible bus crash 3 years ago in Meath. Anything involving a bus after that was overly hyped. It almost got to the stage of any bus getting involved in any prang got a mention from Ann Doyle. That's one example. The Tsunami a few years ago was another. They need to fill column inches and fill out timeslots so any old hype will do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Agree , I read it for my amusement. See the graphic in the Hearld the other night was funny for a start. Who does that i wonder?

The west is under a heavy band of rain and looks to be large totals there with also yesterdays rain which affected mostly the west and not the east. That band is pushing east atm.

So maybe they will get their story afterall?

White radar returns over Connaught, don't often see that. Any reports on the ground there?

White radar returns over Connaught, don't often see that. Any reports on the ground there?

No, it's not looking good over in the North West at the moment. Could be a wet afternoon for us too, even if the precip is just in the yellow region by the time we get it.

A sun holiday would be nice at this stage...

Geez that rain is kicking off quickly across the country. last radar run it was only the West that was being deluged, now it's almost over to the east coast. Looks like another wet lunchtime so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

It has been continuously raining here since this morning, plenty of standing water now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Any reports on the ground there?
    Very, very wet at the moment. Lots of rainf fell since this morning. Dark with heavy drizzle now very low clouds too. One word to describe it: miserable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

windy sunshine.

Windy and wet here.

5.8mm so far today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

so much rain on this side of the country over the last days and a half. i wonder how much rainfall paddy1 has recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Hopefully after power showers on Thursday there will be a chance for the fields to dry off. Sunday could be another rain watch with waves along a front to our south threatning, perhaps they might swing in over the UK instead. It all depends on how high pressure develops over Scandyland.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There is a dryer spell on the way - at least a week or so - should lower the water table. Although with temps cooler and lighter winds the effect might not be as good as it otherwise would be. Heavy showers today though.

darkman22 wrote: »
    There is a dryer spell on the way - at least a week or so - should lower the water table. Although with temps cooler and lighter winds the effect might not be as good as it otherwise would be. Heavy showers today though.
    Whats up with the name change darkman2? You re-reg another account for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Darkman now comes with Isotopes -- it's a side-effect of the CERN experiment. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

He is banned after one post:confused:
    Also, why did he feel the need to register a new account? Was he banned under his old nick. The intrigue of it all.

I had high hopes for a dry spell towards the end of August so i'll believe this dry spell when i see it

He is banned after one post:confused:
    Also, why did he feel the need to register a new account? Was he banned under his old nick. The intrigue of it all.

I had high hopes for a dry spell towards the end of August so i'll believe this dry spell when i see it

He was banned for shenanigans in "After Hours" and then came back for more resulting in his re-reged nicks going too. A pity, he made some good posts here.

Back on topic it sure doesnt look like we are going to get a dry spell any time soon. This run of wet weather must come to an end eventually though!, probably in December when it will be mild and dry :D

What's 'After hours' Supercell? I just usually post on this site day or night. Didn't realise there was another section?

It's a pity about Darkman I agree. I liked his posts. Oh well :(

squonk wrote: »
    What's 'After hours' Supercell? I just usually post on this site day or night. Didn't realise there was another section?

It's a pity about Darkman I agree. I liked his posts. Oh well :(

You can find it here , beware, its the boards loony bin!

• Advertisement

He was banned for shenanigans in "After Hours" and then came back for more resulting in his re-reged nicks going too. A pity, he made some good posts here.
    Actually if you look at the site ban list darkman2 was banned for issuing legal threats against the site via pm-look at the 4th name down the list as of today.That was very very silly as such threats incur an auto site ban.
    Summer is still present by the way in a big way south of the Alps :)

Advertisement