Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racke sports banning?

Options
  • 08-09-2008 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

i was banned from there after wimbeldon final after nadal beat fed for calling nadal a spic......sort of a joke the ban has lasted this long, but can I have the ban lifted now, its been 2 months.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

1. Did you PM the Mod?
    2. How long was the ban for?
    3. Are you sorry? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

You called him a what?! I would assume you won't be let back in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

would i be banned for calling robbie keane a 'paddy'...no I wouldn't.....it was the heat of the moment...its sport...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

would i be banned for calling robbie keane a 'paddy'...no I wouldn't.....it was the heat of the moment...its sport...

But isn't spic a much more insulting word than paddy. Anywhoo banned again from another forum. Dear oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

eh not really....we just don't find paddy insulting because we have come accustomed to it...

the guy is spanish anyway.......i think a spic is in reference to native americans(continential america including native mexicans)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Only you could get banned from Racket Sports.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

eh not really....we just don't find paddy insulting because we have come accustomed to it...

the guy is spanish anyway.......i think a spic is in reference to native americans(continential america including native mexicans)

it's a racist term for anyone of latino/spanish speaking origin, used throughout the US and considerably worse than 'paddy'. could easily be a permaban.
    Trying to use the excuse that it didn't count because you used the wrong racial slur isn't really going to fly.
    what was the ban length you were given at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

"Paddy" is a lot less pejorative a word than "spic". I'd often refer to myself as a "paddy" when abroad, I have never ever heard someone refer to themselves as a "spic".

Anyway, PM the mod(s) and see if you can make your peace ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Only you could get banned from Racket Sports.

It's been Racquet for a while now. Try clearing your cache. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Bye mate, you lasted longer then llort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

what is the comparable term with Paddy for a Spanish person. Is wetback for mexicans or spaniards. I think the ban is harsh. Paddy=Irish, Spic=Spaniard, Brit=British Person. Are these really offensive.

By the way these are questions not statements, but my question mark key doesn't work....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Spic is currently quite insulting, much worse than Brit.

However, estebancambias is sitebanned so he won't be back for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Gordon wrote: »

Ok so. I never thought so. Guess i owe my former housemates from Spain an apology!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Jaysus, Este is still fighting the powah after all this time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

ibh wrote: »
    what is the comparable term with Paddy for a Spanish person. Is wetback for mexicans or spaniards. I think the ban is harsh. Paddy=Irish, Spic=Spaniard, Brit=British Person. Are these really offensive.

By the way these are questions not statements, but my question mark key doesn't work....

Spic is not on the same level as something like "brit" - it's got more in common with n*gger than anything else, imo. As has wetback for that matter. For what it's worth, urbandictionary reckons it's highly offensive and as someone else said above, I've never heard of a Spanish person referring to themselves as a spic in the 15 years I lived there.

On a separate note, I find it hilarious that someone with a Spanish username got banned for using a pejorative term for people of spanish culture/origin. It's like a boards equivalent of a darwin award or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,435 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Gordon wrote: »

Am I allowed to ask what he got sitebanned for, or is that private?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Ah, I see. Silly boy. I miss him.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

fyi the banlist is open to all to view:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

• Advertisement

I see Darkman2 is gone for good. Shame. He was always good for a daft rant. I wonder was Jeremy Quinn the same guy...?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Ah, I see. Silly boy. I miss him.
    I know, I kind of had a soft spot for him too.

I always felt that a couple of years and a durrty good woman would solve most of his weird notions.
    I'd put a substantial bet on it. Now there's one I have little hope for!

Advertisement