Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using battery charger and laptop on the US

Options
  • 08-09-2008 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm heading to the US soon and will be bringing my camera and laptop. My camera uses AA batteries so I will be using my techno line BC 900 (Same as la crosse - different branding).

Just wondering what I need to use the charger and laptop in the states. Will a normal travel adapter do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

bedlam wrote: »
    US uses 120v, we use 230v. As long as the power adapters cover that range (usually 110-240v or there abouts) you will get away with just using a plug/travel adapter.

If they only do the 230v you will need a converter for each but it is highly unlikely that the laptop will not cover the range. If the battery charger doesn't cover the range it'd almost be easier to pick up one in the US than buy a converter which tend to be bulky

edit: The charger does 100-240v so you should be good with a travel adaptor for both

Cheers for that. The charger is actually DC and I didn't want to go pulling out the plug last night (to see if the voltage range was written on it) as I had a charging session going.

How did you find out it covers that range as I don't have access to the manual until the weekend. Looking here on google but no joy yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

How did you find out it covers that range as I don't have access to the manual until the weekend. Looking here on google but no joy yet.

It should be on the charger itself - pretty much all the chargers I have do have the info scribbled on them. I think it's compulsory that they do list this kind of information anyway...

First hit in Google on the charger (assuming that's the right one):

http://www.batterylogic.co.uk/technoline/technoline-i-charger.asp

The page states it's a universal 100-240v charger near the bottom...

Advertisement