Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

brady done for year

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Brady is strong, he will be back this year, i have faith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Doesn't matter how strong you are...very hard to come back from a badly damaged knee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

kryogen wrote: »

He's strong, but he's human. It's not long since an ACL was career-threatening. 9 month recovery period, at least. Takes a lot out out of the season now, TBH. Won't be the same without Brady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

kryogen wrote: »

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Tough break ACLs tears are awful your talking 9 to 12 months out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Pats have apparently called Tim Rattay and Chris Simms in for a looksee... I would have thought Dante Culpepper makes sense here... him and Moss back together again... got to be better than Cassell right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Pats have apparently called Tim Rattay and Chris Simms in for a looksee... I would have thought Dante Culpepper makes sense here... him and Moss back together again... got to be better than Cassell right?

As a Pats fan I'm absoultly gutted, but I think its time for the team to step up and make it too the playoffs without Tom. Lets see what this team is made of.

There bring in Simms for a workout today, but Im happier to go with Cassell for the moment.

Cassell was rubbish last season when he came in at the end of games and this preseason but he had a QB rating of over 100 in last years preseason so I think hes got potential and he looked ok against the Chiefs and i can only presume he'll better against the Jets (then again he hasnt started consecutive games since high school :eek:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Matt Cassell will keep the job. Its his time to shine just like Brady did when he started out replacing the starter due to an injury and gcgirl an ACL in professional sports especially in American is 6months tops I know high school footballers who got the ACL fixed and were back after 6 months playing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

i saw the game yesterday - for my sins i'm a chiefs fan. i wouldn't want cassell. against us, he's fine, passable maybe. remember, we could and should have got the game into overtime. cassel did the job, but there's no way i'd trust him against a top 16 defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Pyjamarama wrote: »

My first thought was of Culpepper too. He has chemistry with Randy Moss and although he retired a few days ago, I'm sure a call from the Patriots would change his mind in a hurry. He's as good as Rattay or Simms and has more experience than either of them.

• Advertisement

fatgav wrote: »
    i saw the game yesterday - for my sins i'm a chiefs fan. i wouldn't want cassell. against us, he's fine, passable maybe. remember, we could and should have got the game into overtime. cassel did the job, but there's no way i'd trust him against a top 16 defence.

Thing is neither are Simms or Rattay so why not keep the rookie who knows your system inside out than pick up 2 guys who couldnt hold down a job anywhere else because they are just average QBs. Damned if you do damned if you dont really. I would rather Cassell gets a season under his belt because realistically we dont have a backup to Brady with experience if Cassell doesnt get that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Jake Plummer anyone? I'd certainly be making a call. Bet Favre is sick he came back last month :D

Realistically, unless the Pats win the lottery twice, like they did once with Brady stepping in for Bledsoe, then they're basically screwed.

The guy threw 50 TD's last year, and almost 5,000 yards. Only Manning and Marino have come anywhere close to both those numbers. I mean here's a guy who was suddenly thrust into the realms of "greatest QB of all time" - by the very people on here claiming Cassel will be ok.
    But even if Cassel throws what would be an incredible 25-30 TD's and 3,000 yards, where does that put the SB runner's up (with a weakened, aging defence) this season? 9-7 at best IMO. Maybe 10-6 and a first round play-off loss, which in itself would be miraculous.

Reading through different forums other than here there is non pats fans ev erywhere telling us what we already know yes the Pats will crash and burn this year unless God himself comes to Matt Cassell during his sleep and gives the power of Tom Brady. Weird part is no Pats fan well other than a few who need to get real argue the Pats can do something.Me Personally I love my Patriots have done for 16 years but right now its hard to believe we have any hope as the teams power was at QB in Tom Brady. The plus side to leaving Cassell in though means we concentrate now on a ballanced offense and build that for next year.Pats might get to the playoffs the Bills and Jets are looking good this year. So the AFC East wont be the walk in the park it was last year. :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Look davyjose you obviously hate the Pats, its quite clear from all your posts since Tom Brady's injury.

You are blindly predicting that the Pats are screwed without having a serious look at the squad and more importantly the Coach.

I am not being biased when I tell you that I'd still expect a winning season from the Patriots. There is no way that the team will fall to 8-8. You said it yourself about Brady's numbers last year, but that had a lot to do with the other plays on the offense as well, the protection he got, the amount of different routes in the playbook.

I am not saying that Matt Cassel is Tom Brady or nearly as good as him but he does not have to be all that special to win games with that team.
    I am not talking about the drubbings we doled out last year to a lot of teams but just winning games, they will be tighter but we will still win a lot more games that we lose.

Edit to say: As I said in the other thread, Cassel has enough to win games with this team, as long as he can handle the pressure of being no.1 for the season. That is the crucial bit.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Look davyjose you obviously hate the Pats, its quite clear from all your posts since Tom Brady's injury.
    Including the one where I said it was a tragedy for the whole league?

I am in no way pleased that Brady is injured, the NFL is a lesser tournament then it was 24 hours ago. I am, however, convinced that the Pats are severely weakened. But clearly I hit a nerve by suggesting Cassel wasn't up to the job, because all the Pats fans smugness has quickly turned to ire.

At the end of the day, time will tell. The Pats have a great schedule this season, so yeah, it's not a one-man game and there's lots of potential wins for the Pats - just not in the games that will count IMO.

Edit: I've been saying that the Pats will suffer a hangover from the SB this season anyway, which wouldn't be the first time that's happened In recent years, many, many teams have posted losing seasons after a Superbowl loss. I still don't think that will happen the Pats, even without Brady, yet I still get stick for not saying they're going to rock the league yet again :rolleyes:

davyjose wrote: »
    Including the one where I said it was a tragedy for the whole league?

I am in no way pleased that Brady is injured, the NFL is a lesser tournament then it was 24 hours ago. I am, however, convinced that the Pats are severely weakened. But clearly I hit a nerve by suggesting Cassel wasn't up to the job, because all the Pats fans smugness has quickly turned to ire.

At the end of the day, time will tell. The Pats have a great schedule this season, so yeah, it's not a one-man game and there's lots of potential wins for the Pats - just not in the games that will count IMO.
    There is no anger or smugness on my part, all I said there really about Cassel is that he seems competent and thats all we need. The question that has to be answered is whether or not he can handle the pressure of being the Pats no.1 for the season.
    The reason we brought in a rookie this year is that Belichick fully expects Cassel to be gone next year as a free agent. He is well respected in the League and ends up with a chance to get himself a multi million dollar contract wherever he ends up next year if he can put in a good show now. I mean this is his Cassel's time and there is a lot riding on it for the Patriots but even moreso for him personally. If he can handle all that, well then I have no doubts that he is good enough to get us to the playoffs. There is no question about his arm and movement, its all about the other stuff.
    Edit to add, that I think this is where Bill Belichick makes such a big difference, he keeps the players grounded. There is no other coach in the league like this man. You hear it all the time from the Pats players, its all day by day at New England and only one game at a time.

There is no anger or smugness on my part, all I said there really about Cassel is that he seems competent and thats all we need. The question that has to be answered is whether or not he can handle the pressure of being the Pats no.1 for the season.
    The reason we brought in a rookie this year is that Belichick fully expects Cassel to be gone next year as a free agent. He is well respected in the League and ends up with a chance to get himself a multi million dollar contract wherever he ends up next year if he can put in a good show now. I mean this is his Cassel's time and there is a lot riding on it for the Patriots but even moreso for him personally. If he can handle all that, well then I have no doubts that he is good enough to get us to the playoffs. There is no question about his arm and movement, its all about the other stuff.
    Edit to add, that I think this is where Bill Belichick makes such a big difference, he keeps the players grounded. There is no other coach in the league like this man. You hear it all the time from the Pats players, its all day by day at New England and only one game at a time.

That's all you's need? After last february, I would have thought that nothing less than a Superbowl would be good enough this season. Now, I'm simply saying that that is out of the question without Brady. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. And fair play, but it doesn't mean I'm a Pats-hater just because I think they are now screwed.
    I think this is great for Cassel - like you suggested, he's now a starting QB for one of the best sides in the NFL - his star will rise mucho. But I really do think this one is beyond even Belichick's reach.

That's all you's need? After last february, I would have thought that nothing less than a Superbowl would be good enough this season. Now, I'm simply saying that that is out of the question without Brady. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. And fair play, but it doesn't mean I'm a Pats-hater just because I think they are now screwed.
    I think this is great for Cassel - like you suggested, he's now a starting QB for one of the best sides in the NFL - his star will rise mucho. But I really do think this one is beyond even Belichick's reach.
    What would you consider an huge achievement given current circumstances?

The thats all we need comment is in regards to winning games, we need a competent quarterback to win matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

My fantasy team just popped with his knee :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Lirange wrote: »
    My fantasy team just popped with his knee :(

I have Brady, too. But my other two QBs are Big Ben and some nonentity called Aaron Rodgers. :)

Very tough on Brady and the Patriots. If Randy Moss is really that good then they should at least be competitive. If they stick with Cassel he'll get better as time goes on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

its a disaster for the pats. No matter how you dress it up, its not good. Cassell hasnt started since highschool after being behind Leinhart and Palmer in USC. The pats may have weapons in offence, but its no use if you dont have anyone to fire off those weapons. Never been mad about Cassell anytime he came on, especially that game against the Dolphins last year. I was hoping for a rebound season to reclaim the superbowl, but I think playoffs are a more realistic target, anything after that is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,519 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I read that too on the ESPN (re. cassell not having a meaningful start since high school) and it surprised the hell out of me...

Were the Pats not being a bit foolish not having an adequate back-up? Or will he be ok? (I don't know, i haven't seen him play...)

On a similar vein, the Pats ain't the only team with "inadequate" back-up, the Colts are dead in the water if your man Sorgi has to play...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Patriots are screwed without Brady,they wont make the playoffs without him.Cassel isnt a good qb at all,he isnt even adequate.The o-line is poor, look what the Giants did to it in the Superbowl.The cbs are terrible and the front seven are aging and will be destoyed by a strong running team.

titan18 wrote: »
    Patriots are screwed without Brady,they wont make the playoffs without him.Cassel isnt a good qb at all,he isnt even adequate.The o-line is poor, look what the Giants did to it in the Superbowl.The cbs are terrible and the front seven are aging and will be destoyed by a strong running team.
    So given all that you have said above, what would you say would be a very successful season for the Patriots?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

it's bad for the pats but they are not screwed. they have good enough players to see them through. i dont think they will go to the super bowl but they will make the playoffs. saying that i didn't think they were going to the super bowl this year even with brady. i'm a colts fan but i do think its a shame brady is out for the season i always want to see the best players in a season and brady falls well into that catagory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

that will be hard to come back from, but its good news for non-patriot fans such as myself, dont get me wrong its good watching brady play because he's so good, but as a colts fan maybe this give us a chance after the shocking performence against the bears, in saying that i think it will be a chargers cowboys superbowl anyway

What did we suddently lose that strong O-line. Did Wes Welker get run over by a bus all of a sudden and Randy Moss has become a crackhead? Did our Defence all decide to have a party on a boat wih strippers and copious amounts of drugs and now are banned by the NFL. Did all 4 of our RB run into each other and now are too stupid to run the ball. And did the coaching staff all OD after hearing of the bad news of Brady.

Fook No don't forget yes Brady would have most likely gaurateed the Patriots a fighting chance at a superbowl win but to believe we wont make the playoffs with Cassell at the helm dry up. Look at his launced pass to Moss the kid has got an arm. He just needs confidence and more practice. He did play in college that last playing time in High school is boll*cks. Typical media being stupid he never started a game at USC but did take snaps. Check below.

"Played in 25 games, completing 20 of 33 pass attempts (60.5 percent) for 192 yards. 2004 (Senior): Saw reserve action in nine games and completed 10 of 14 passes for 97 yards. 2003 (Junior): Won the Howard Jones/Football Alumni Club Academic Award as the USC upperclassman with the highest GPA"

Look lets get one thing straight the Patriots are not completely fooked you would want to be stupid to believe that it was a one man show considering Brady's ammunition are all still fine and healthly. What this injury will do to the Patriots now is make re adjust and most likely run more of a balanced offence giving our backs more needed carries also. Cassell will be alright.

Oh and titan18 that o-line is not poor what are you smoking.

The o-line is poor,and many people will tell you that.Kaczur cant block,Light is very slow against the rush and Stephen Neal,who's your best guard is injured.Brady saved ye in his ability to evade the rush and move around the pocket.

Welker was a nobody until he came to NE and Brady and will be a nobody under Cassel.Moss is the only good wr in the team,Brady just makes everyone look good around him.The front seven on the defence are old,tehy struggeld at the end of last year and they'll struggle again this year.Ye lost Samuel,your only good cb and are very weak in the secondary as a reuslt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

an ACL in professional sports especially in American is 6months tops I know high school footballers who got the ACL fixed and were back after 6 months playing again.

The first thing I thought when I heard about the Brady injury which was initially reported as being not that bad Sunday evening, was Bellicheck and his Alex Ferguson-esque mind games. What's the chances that the patriots struggle through into the post season and Brady comes back in - just in time?

I'm no medical expert but then who is?

The o-line is poor,and many people will tell you that.Kaczur cant block,Light is very slow against the rush and Stephen Neal,who's your best guard is injured.Brady saved ye in his ability to evade the rush and move around the pocket.

Welker was a nobody until he came to NE and Brady and will be a nobody under Cassel.Moss is the only good wr in the team,Brady just makes everyone look good around him.The front seven on the defence are old,tehy struggeld at the end of last year and they'll struggle again this year.Ye lost Samuel,your only good cb and are very weak in the secondary as a reuslt.
    I keep asking you the same question, but you still don't reply.

With all these problems what would you consider an impressive season for the Patriots?

The first thing I thought when I heard about the Brady injury which was initially reported as being not that bad Sunday evening, was Bellicheck and his Alex Ferguson-esque mind games. What's the chances that the patriots struggle through into the post season and Brady comes back in - just in time?

I'm no medical expert but then who is?

He wont they wont risk it.

Now I know you are smoking weed. Google all of the Videos of the Pats last year and look how f*cking long Tom Brady got to throw. And what happened Logan Mankins Pro Bowl Last year and Dan Koppen Pro Bowl Last year in your little paragraph of nonsense, get a grip. Russ Hochstein one of the most versetaille O-Linemen around fits in at Guard and Centre and sometimes tackle. And Matt Light slow against the rush who are you kidding another pro bowler last year. These are some of the best linemen in the NFL and without them Brady would have hit his ass of the ground more than not unsung heroes in New England if you ask me. Please Titan18 think before you speak. Do us all a favour.

And Welker yes was a nobody but NE got the best out of his speed especially on Slants come on his stats speak for themselves just because the Dolphins couldnt capitalise on his full potential.

I keep asking you the same question, but you still don't reply.

With all these problems what would you consider an impressive season for the Patriots?

They wont have an impressive year.I think they'll go 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs

Now I know you are smoking weed. Google all of the Videos of the Pats last year and look how f*cking long Tom Brady got to throw. And what happened Logan Mankins Pro Bowl Last year and Dan Koppen Pro Bowl Last year in your little paragraph of nonsense, get a grip. Russ Hochstein one of the most versetaille O-Linemen around fits in at Guard and Centre and sometimes tackle. And Matt Light slow against the rush who are you kidding another pro bowler last year. These are some of the best linemen in the NFL and without them Brady would have hit his ass of the ground more than not unsung heroes in New England if you ask me. Please Titan18 think before you speak. Do us all a favour.

And Welker yes was a nobody but NE got the best out of his speed especially on Slants come on his stats speak for themselves just because the Dolphins couldnt capitalise on his full potential.

The pro bowl is a bunch of crap and a lot of players are in the side without deserving it.IF you deny that,you know nothing.The oline are poor,google that and you'll find a load of people saying it.It's not just me.Brayd gets the best out of every player as he's one of the ebst ever qbs to play the game.He's made poor wrs look good.Cassel isnt going to do that.

• Advertisement

personally, i think the pats will make the playoffs this year and Brady will be back for them, i have a feeling about it. i still think the pats have a good offense, especially if moroney can keep up the progress he was making last year and if cassel can step up to the plate

its the D im a bit worried about to be honest. I do think Samuel was a big loss, along with some others, but i have faith in Belichek, he is a winner, he will find a way to win

The pro bowl is a bunch of crap and a lot of players are in the side without deserving it.IF you deny that,you know nothing.The oline are poor,google that and you'll find a load of people saying it.It's not just me.Brayd gets the best out of every player as he's one of the ebst ever qbs to play the game.He's made poor wrs look good.Cassel isnt going to do that.

How the **** can a QB make an oline good for **** sake. Yeah the pro bowl is at times a load of BS but put it this way when people vote for linemen on the Pro Bowl they usually pick favourites now ask yourself this if everyone hates the Pats bar Pats fans do you honestly think Pats fans on their own got their Linemen in there or do you think they actually got noticed. Dude Im living with 2 high school football coaches here in Wisconsin. I hang around football coaches all week long and talk to alot and if you ask them what olines are the best in the NFL the Patriots O-line is in there and I believe there professional opinion because I see it for myself. Seriously google all the games from last year and look at how long Brady got. It wasnt the fact he is great that got him all that time do you think he has magical superpowers that he controls the D-line and rushing Linebackers now also?

last year the pats o line was amazing, in a lot of games brady honestly had time to read a newspaper before picking out a pass. no messing, i thought everyone knew that? he barely got touched in the regular season........

its just another anti pats fan trying to make out the team will now collapse without brady, it simply wont happen, we know that. we obviously wont be a 16-0 team this year, but we should still make the play offs and who knows after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

The oline are poor,google that and you'll find a load of people saying it.It's not just me.[\QUOTE]

Ah so if people on the internet say it, it must be true.

Watch the games, the oline is solid. They had a bad game in the superbowl, but thats one out of 19.

As for welker, rodney harrison once said of him : " Hes impossible to cover".

...Rodney said this back when welker played for the dolphins...

Ill listen to a veteran NFL DB before i listen to you, thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvRhHuCohPc

titan18 this clip is for 4 mins long and watch it all and take a look on how long Brady gets he has easily 4-5 secs min in 90% of the plays which is an awful long time in the NFL for a QB in the pocket as the average is 4 seconds with a good o-line.

• Advertisement

They wont have an impressive year.I think they'll go 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs
    Nice one, all I need now is Davyjose to answer the same question.

Nice one, all I need now is Davyjose to answer the same question.

What do you mean? I've said at least three times on various threads I think the Pats will go 9-7, maybe 10-6.

spooiirt!! wrote: »
    The oline are poor,google that and you'll find a load of people saying it.It's not just me.[\QUOTE]

Ah so if people on the internet say it, it must be true.

Watch the games, the oline is solid. They had a bad game in the superbowl, but thats one out of 19.

Ya,but tallaghtoutlaws said watch clips on the internet and you'll see that they are good and pointed out a youtube clip for me.Anyone can pick out the best moments of the o-line,just like I can find clips where Brady is running to escape the rush.The o-line is bad and Brady makes his wrs look good.Its not jsut Welker but everyone apart from Moss,he has made look way ebtter than they actaully are.Youc an see that when they play at different clubs.Look at Caldwell,he had good numbers underr Brady and did nothing with the Redskins when he moved to them.

Also,not many people are going to blitz Brady as he can make them look foolish with his throws.That's how Welker got his receptions as the blitz came and Brady threw it into the slot for him.The Giants made ye look bad.So did the Ravens and Eagles in the regular season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The reality here is that the patriots were far from unbeatable 10 months ago, and now without Brady they're a bit worse, but discount them at your peril.:eek:

Ya,but tallaghtoutlaws said watch clips on the internet and you'll see that they are good and pointed out a youtube clip for me.Anyone can pick out the best moments of the o-line,just like I can find clips where Brady is running to escape the rush.The o-line is bad and Brady makes his wrs look good.Its not jsut Welker but everyone apart from Moss,he has made look way ebtter than they actaully are.Youc an see that when they play at different clubs.Look at Caldwell,he had good numbers underr Brady and did nothing with the Redskins when he moved to them.

Also,not many people are going to blitz Brady as he can make them look foolish with his throws.That's how Welker got his receptions as the blitz came and Brady threw it into the slot for him.The Giants made ye look bad.So did the Ravens and Eagles in the regular season

You live in Dream land you seriously do. Im done arguing with you as you are nothing more than a dreamer. When you realise the reality around you come back to me.:rolleyes:

I really don't get the issue Pats fans have with what everyone else is saying. Bottom line, you have lost one of the greatest players the NFL has ever seen. Now you think the Pats can do the job without him?

And we live in dreamland??? :rolleyes:

If the reality is that the Pats go ahead and make the playoff's then to me that marks Brady out as an average QB (the Colts would not go anywhere near the Playoff's without Manning - and unlike Eagle Eye ana TallaghtOutlaws, I'd openly admit that.)
    But I don't think the Pats will do anything special this season, because Tom Brady is the heart, soul and Brain of that team.

And for the record, Belicheck F'd up by not having a back-up plan for an already risky QB (Same goes for Dungy).

I really don't get the issue Pats fans have with what everyone else is saying. Bottom line, you have lost one of the greatest players the NFL has ever seen. Now you think the Pats can do the job without him?

If the reality is that the Pats go ahead and make the playoff's then to me that marks Brady out as an average QB (the Colts would not go anywhere near the Playoff's without Manning - and unlike Eagle Eye ana TallaghtOutlaws, I'd openly admit that.)
    But I don't think the Pats will do anything special this season, because Tom Brady is the heart, soul and Brain of that team.

And for the record, Belicheck F'd up by not having a back-up plan for an already risky QB (Same goes for Dungy).
    I'm just amazed at how your view of things change over a couple of months and one game which we won by the way. Here is what I'm talking about.
    I don't think he's the most valuable player in the NFL. And this is partly my point - if the Colts lost Manning they would fall apart, whereas the Pats could survive a lot better without Brady.
    I also believe had Manning played for the Pats instead of Brady he would have had just as much success. But we'll never know that. One thing I DO know is that Brady alone didn't make the Pats what they are now - there is an argument that (as much as is possible with 1 man) Manning did with the Colts.
    I'm actually beside myself waiting for next season :D
    Realistically, unless the Pats win the lottery twice, like they did once with Brady stepping in for Bledsoe, then they're basically screwed.

The guy threw 50 TD's last year, and almost 5,000 yards. Only Manning and Marino have come anywhere close to both those numbers. I mean here's a guy who was suddenly thrust into the realms of "greatest QB of all time" - by the very people on here claiming Cassel will be ok.
    But even if Cassel throws what would be an incredible 25-30 TD's and 3,000 yards, where does that put the SB runner's up (with a weakened, aging defence) this season? 9-7 at best IMO. Maybe 10-6 and a first round play-off loss, which in itself would be miraculous.
    As a matter of fact you seem to contradict yourself quite a lot. Thats why I was asking you for your prediction again.
    You have said all of that in the space of a couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The Pats could still make the playoffs. They are in a weak division and have the softest schedule in the entire NFL. Can't see them doing much after that though.

Davyjose I was'nt calling you or any other non pats fan a dreamer just titan18 as he said the Pats were weak well their O-line and Welker and hey pretty everyone because Brady made them good etc etc argument done whatever don't add yourself to the argument not worth it you actually make decent points well except when you get called out for contradictions but hey we are all human but titan18 is living the dream in dreamland but whatever each to their own.

Do you watch the game at all?
    Do you really know anything about the game?

You mention the age of the front seven on Defence, we have a 35 year old Tedy Bruschi, are you telling me that he is past it?
    We have a 33 year old Mike Vrabel are you telling me that he is past it?
    Then we have Adelius Thomas 31 and Jared Mayo 22 while on the line there is not one player over 30. Unless under 30 is too old of course:confused:

Our O-line is one of the best in the League. I don't know where you get your facts from.
    I think you don't have a clue so my advice is stop googling the wrong sites and go away and learn about the game;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement