Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brady done for year

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

titan18 wrote: »
    You expect me to believe that 2 of your firends are college football coaches sitting with you in Dublin.First of all you say that they are both coaches and then you say that one of them is the qb.Which is it?

The o-line got destroyed by the Giants.The Giants do not have good cbs like you said.Like I said,if the qb is not getting blitzed because of his ability and the wr's ability to make huge plays,the o-line is going to look good.If a side came out and blitzed over and over again,the o-line will lookk bad but it's down to the defensive co-ordinator.Look what teh Giants did to the Eagles last year.Putting up 12 sacks to an o-line that is regarded as one of the best in the league.If a blitz doesnt come,they'll look very good.When it does and they get destoyed,they are bad.

First off I live in the US duh! And yes he is a QB coach who was a QB in a D1aa school so yes he is a QB he coaches football and still plays semi pro. See this is why you need to cop on say stupid things without thinking off them.

Yes the Giants were the only team to destroy the Patriots o-line and the Pats lost because of it in the Soup Bowl. The Patriots underestimated the Giants and the Giants raised their game they wanted the bowl more than the Pats that day no one will argue that case the Patriots as a team were fooking **** in the soup bowl simple as.

The End the Pats will prove you wrong this and I hope the fooking do. Fook me I hate people that talk **** over and over again and still fail to back it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

As I said, all we need is a competent QB who can handle the pressure, not expecting a superstar:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

eagle eye wrote: »
    As I said, all we need is a competent QB who can handle the pressure, not expecting a superstar:)

and I think Cassell showed that last night. Was solid, if unspectacular. Only really tried one deep ball that wasnt a great throw, but Moss still should have made it. Moss looked fairly peed off too, but hopefully he'll get used to not having Brady and plenty of deep throw balls to him.

Its back to the defence now again for the Pats tho, and solid grinding plays. The sack by Thomas in the 4th was great to see, drove Favre back 20 yards. Bruschi as well making a lot of plays in his old age (legend that he is!) Good to see Merriweather get the INT too and Mayo was involved in stages as well. It'll be back to basics with the Pats, but thats whats needed. Jordan picked up the running game well too when Moroney was off, nice addition to the side. Some really solid charging runs out of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

bruschi wrote: »
    and I think Cassell showed that last night. Was solid, if unspectacular. Only really tried one deep ball that wasnt a great throw, but Moss still should have made it. Moss looked fairly peed off too, but hopefully he'll get used to not having Brady and plenty of deep throw balls to him.

Its back to the defence now again for the Pats tho, and solid grinding plays. The sack by Thomas in the 4th was great to see, drove Favre back 20 yards. Bruschi as well making a lot of plays in his old age (legend that he is!) Good to see Merriweather get the INT too and Mayo was involved in stages as well. It'll be back to basics with the Pats, but thats whats needed. Jordan picked up the running game well too when Moroney was off, nice addition to the side. Some really solid charging runs out of him.

Defense excluding Favre's TD drive was excellent. Not as much QB pressure as would of liked. Mayo was very lively.

Special Teams were excellent. No kick off was returned passed the 26 yrd line, a rake of touchbacks, Gostkowski has some boot.

Offense was ok. Cassel did enough, felt hes a bit unlucky ie Moss didnt make a catch and the defelection on the pass to Thomas in the end zone (Probably better off he doesnt need the hype). LaMont Jordan looked good and very glad to have faulk back. Maroney is still as fragile as he was last year

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

i think the problem with the pats is that its easy to say you hate them(out of jealousy) because they are one of if not the best team in the league. i'm not a pats fan but i wouldn't say i hate them thats not to say i don't enjoy it when they lose but thats because they are the one of best. its the same when i watch soccer i love seeing man utd of chelsea get beaten cause their the best. in the end people are always going to say they HATE the best teams and its all down to a little bit of jealousy. were as reasonable people will except the fact that someone elses team are just better than yours. on the bright side your teams day will one day come.

• Advertisement

Im happy with the Pats last night reminded me of the 2002 season. Worked as a unit and built on the success of 2001. When you look back Brady had alot of shaky games in 2001 and 2002 but he gained experience from getting the starts and now look. BB believes in Cassell and so should we as last night he proved he can play football. He wasnt the greatest and made alot of bad judgements but hey I remember a time when both Bledsoe and Brady made the same mistakes and still went on to be good QB's. Bledsoe the unluckier of the 2 :D Cassell will get there and you know what if we beat Miami on Sunday it gets 3 of the should win games out of the way and gives Cassell that bit of confidence to take on the bigger teams. Right now the Chargers and Colts are ****ting the bed scraping or not scraping wins together and are poor. With the AFC being so poor right now and teams you would expect to win not and others scraping wins who knows who will be walking out of there with a solid record. There is no reason now why NE cant go 10-6 or even 11-5 hell even 14-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

. There is no reason now why NE cant go 10-6 or even 11-5 hell even 14-2.

or dare you say it 16 - 0:D. i can't see it but never say it won't happen.....although i hope it doesn't:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

...discount them at your peril.:eek:

Muahahahahaaaaaa! Making Favre cry was one of the greatest highlights of football history! :)

Cassell played at least as well as half the QBs in the league, and the Pats defence, Wes Welker, and Sammy Morris took care of the rest.

On a side note, Peyton Manning cried quite a bit yesterday too (though we expect that from him), but we were pleasantly surprised when he smiled at the end of the Colts game. :D

BTW, Charlie Weis is done for the year.

Exact same injury as Brady, with a torn ACL and MCL, weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6mPYwb1Tno

Rustar wrote: »
    Muahahahahaaaaaa! Making Favre cry was one of the greatest highlights of football history! :)

Cassell played at least as well as half the QBs in the league, and the Pats defence, Wes Welker, and Sammy Morris took care of the rest.

On a side note, Peyton Manning cried quite a bit yesterday too (though we expect that from him), but we were pleasantly surprised when he smiled at the end of the Colts game. :D

Morris did fook all 8 carries no yards and 1 reception for 7 yards it was Lamont Jordan who did all the grunt work after Maroney got injured 11 carries and 62 yards. Me thinks Jordan and Maroney should now carry the load. Morris did get the TD but on a goal line situation you would expect any of your backs to get that.

• Advertisement

bruschi wrote: »
    Moss looked fairly peed off too, but hopefully he'll get used to not having Brady and plenty of deep throw balls to him.

Moss' post game quote:

"I don't think there is one person in my face with this microphone that picked us to win," Moss said to a group of reporters.

"I'm going to end [my interview this way]: The New England Patriots [are] 2-0. We got one in the division, so all you haters keep hating. We're coming."

Legend, The Pats are going to kick ass this season...

Morris did fook all 8 carries no yards and 1 reception for 7 yards it was Lamont Jordan who did all the grunt work after Maroney got injured 11 carries and 62 yards. Me thinks Jordan and Maroney should now carry the load. Morris did get the TD but on a goal line situation you would expect any of your backs to get that.
    Morris was great last week, and while he did not do much this week he is still the best man for the hard yards.

Morris was great last week, and while he did not do much this week he is still the best man for the hard yards.

Honestly he has proven to be a worthy back but his inconsistancy and old age will be his downfall. He has the inability to find open holes in the line and his cuts take an eternity. Were Jordan on the other hand seems alot fresher and has the ability to move. Morris will suffer badly against good run defences were Maroney and Jordan sharing the carries will fair much better.

Honestly he has proven to be a worthy back but his inconsistancy and old age will be his downfall. He has the inability to find open holes in the line and his cuts take an eternity. Were Jordan on the other hand seems alot fresher and has the ability to move. Morris will suffer badly against good run defences were Maroney and Jordan sharing the carries will fair much better.
    I am not disagreeing with you on the old age thing at all, and Maroney and Jordan are both looking really good. What I mean is that when you are faced with a 3rd and 1 or 2, Morris is the man you want for those situations. Especially a long 1 where power is important.

I am not disagreeing with you on the old age thing at all, and Maroney and Jordan are both looking really good. What I mean is that when you are faced with a 3rd and 1 or 2, Morris is the man you want for those situations. Especially a long 1 where power is important.

Totally agree with ye there but honeslty thats what our FB are good at also. Morris will provide that ability to punch it in most definitely on those short gains but stop giving him carries on 1st or 2nd down let maroney and jordan take them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Jordan wont last much longer before he is injuried

Advertisement