Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lamborghinis etc in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

millington wrote: »
    There was a photo of a Virage on here somewhere. Could easily be mistaken for a Vantage.

There was a W Reg (93/94) Vantage in Ireland. Owned by Craig McKinney, who owned Woodchester Finance at the time, hence the W reg. He bought a 97 Bentley Continental after that, IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    Where Austin Byrne was the owner? He very kindly used to let me do odd jobs on my car that I couldn't do at home...I never saw or heard of a Dino there, under wraps or otherwise.

While I'm here.. I remember doing some ground works at a large house near greystones about twenty years ago and the owner had two fabulous Jensen Cv8's round the back.
    He is no longer with us and I never discovered where the cars went..

That's the one, I didn't think there was any truth in it but it didn't stop me craning my neck every time we drove past to see if there was any sign of it. What made me think there could be truth to it was when a seen a Dino on a car transporter in gorey sometime after someone told me Austin had moved to gorey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Mac 3

spyderski wrote: »
    There was a W Reg (93/94) Vantage in Ireland. Owned by Craig McKinney, who owned Woodchester Finance at the time, hence the W reg. He bought a 97 Bentley Continental after that, IIRC.

That sounds kindov right. Anyone ever see it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

^ No, but I did see Craig McKinney in his Bentley Continental. Beautiful motor. I think Dermot Desmond had one of those also.

I saw an 'ordinary' Irish reg Virage on the M50 years ago, I think it was a 95D.

Mac 3 wrote: »
    That sounds kindov right. Anyone ever see it?

Yep, had a spin in it actually. Passenger seat though!

Remember thinking how stupid it was to have the handbrake lever between the drivers seat and the door!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

^ No, but I did see Craig McKinney in his Bentley Continental. Beautiful motor. I think Dermot Desmond had one of those also.

I saw an 'ordinary' Irish reg Virage on the M50 years ago, I think it was a 95D.

Is Craig McKinney still about / in business? I recall seeing his photos in the papers and motoring magazines a lot in the 80's and 90's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

There was also an 01 orange Diablo with a wexford reg that was at a number of gumball rallies around 2008 to 2011, hopefully it's still in the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭tc20

There was also an 01 orange Diablo with a wexford reg that was at a number of gumball rallies around 2008 to 2011, hopefully it's still in the country

am I right in saying that was owned by a lady who occasionally posted in the motors forum (Funkxy ??) if so, I think she also owned one of those crazy TVRs (in purple no less :cool: - I'm a firm believer that if you own a super/hyper car, the colour should be outrageous!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

tc20 wrote: »
    am I right in saying that was owned by a lady who occasionally posted in the motors forum (Funkxy ??) if so, I think she also owned one of those crazy TVRs (in purple no less :cool: - I'm a firm believer that if you own a super/hyper car, the colour should be outrageous!)

Used to see that tvr in wexford town quite a bit a few years ago, never seen the Lamborghini in wexford but have seen it in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

Orange one was still in the country up until 2015, don`t know if its still here or not. There was a navy coloured 2000 diablo, wasnt an original irish car was on 12**** plates, but that left the country as far as I`m aware.

• Advertisement

tc20 wrote: »

I believe you are correct - she had both on display at a car show in Dublin some years ago. The TVR had a strange looking number plate iirc (as in the plate was made to look/read very different from what it should actually read).
    I have a pic of it on my old computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Diablo was 01 W 60. (6.0 litre)

TVR was a Sagaris.

Two other Diablos were here, often saw them but never saw the reg plates. One was green, the other a pinkish colour. He also owned the red 05 Murcielago that Jim Rock used to have, or he was driving it a lot either way.Owned by Hanly construction in Roscommon.

His oul fella had a RR Silver Seraph. Also saw an Espirit V8 as well as a 360 there.

Rumour was that he owned a RHD Ferrari F50, one of 3 built for the Sultan of Brunei. Seems Nick Faldo, Eric Clapton and Nick Mason were all after it, but it ended out with the Roscommon man. Not sure if it ever came over here though.

Red Kev wrote: »
    Diablo was 01 W 60. (6.0 litre)

TVR was a Sagaris.

Two other Diablos were here, often saw them but never saw the reg plates. One was green, the other a pinkish colour. He also owned the red 05 Murcielago that Jim Rock used to have, or he was driving it a lot either way.Owned by Hanly construction in Roscommon.

His oul fella had a RR Silver Seraph. Also saw an Espirit V8 as well as a 360 there.

Rumour was that he owned a RHD Ferrari F50, one of 3 built for the Sultan of Brunei. Seems Nick Faldo, Eric Clapton and Nick Mason were all after it, but it ended out with the Roscommon man. Not sure if it ever came over here though.

Green Diablo was a familiar sight in the docklands years back,

Alan Hanly did indeed own that murci, was exported to England at the end of 2015, he also owned a 05 F430 that was black among a list of others including a couple of diablos (a 1991 and a 2000) and an Espirit and also a 355. That F50 also did come to Ireland, spent a number of years here till the economy went to crap and it was sold on.

I remember reading about him wanting to open a supercar wing in kilronan castle where he would display all his cars and also a jaguar xj220, a Bugatti eb110 and a delorean, real shame his plans didn't come to fruition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

That F50 also did come to Ireland, spent a number of years here till the economy went to crap and it was sold on.

I remember reading about him wanting to open a supercar wing in kilronan castle where he would display all his cars and also a jaguar xj220, a Bugatti eb110 and a delorean, real shame his plans didn't come to fruition

Do you know if the F50 ever got registered here? I was never sure.

Were the XJ220 and EB110 his, or on loan?

He used to have a load of stuff in sheds down the back of the quarry, but I never got a look in there, usually shut any time I was on site.

There's an Irish-owned F40 too. Some amazing machines around considering the size of the country.

Red Kev wrote: »
    Do you know if the F50 ever got registered here? I was never sure.

Were the XJ220 and EB110 his, or on loan?

He used to have a load of stuff in sheds down the back of the quarry, but I never got a look in there, usually shut any time I was on site.

As far as I was aware the f50 was on uk plates, but I heard a rumour of a g reg f50 way back, not sure if it was it or a different one.

not sure on the xj220 or the Bugatti, I know for certain though around the time there was an xj220 on irish plates, betting its long gone now though.

There's an Irish-owned F40 too. Some amazing machines around considering the size of the country.

As far as I know the Owner of the f40 also owns a Ferrari 250 swb among a whole fleet of other super nice cars.

You'd be surprised what's hid away in good old Ireland ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Theres at least 3 Irish owned F40s I've heard of plus a handful in Northern Ireland aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Here's a few pics of a F40 at Cars and Coffee in Limerick last year
    DSC_0314.jpg
    DSC_0315.jpg
    DSC_0318.jpg
    DSC_0317.jpg
    DSC_0322.jpg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

A white murcielago in galway,nearly sure on irish plates

• Advertisement

Fascinating reading guys! I didnt know there were any F40's or F50's in Ireland :)

I wonder is that 'Italian reg' F40 above really an Irish car in disguise (i.e. registered here but (old) 'Italian plates' fitted for shows etc..maybe driven there on Irish trade plates?)

Silvera wrote: »
    Fascinating reading guys! I didnt know there were any F40's or F50's in Ireland :)

I wonder is that 'Italian reg' F40 above really an Irish car in disguise (i.e. registered here but (old) 'Italian plates' fitted for shows etc..maybe driven there on Irish trade plates?)

It was just brought into the country a day or two before the pic was taken. Not too sure if it ever got Irish plates.

The same guy owns these.

C30F99F0-FB0E-4AAE-A46F-8BE7A6D4B804.jpg
    9755EE6D-37EA-4136-87B2-E7D028BBE1AC.jpg
    8F9BD114-3247-43E8-B4A2-24AFF4C52901.jpg
    591C35AD-D52E-499A-AC8C-1F6B1FF81F02.jpg
    E598BC7D-BE69-4913-8DAE-D3FBEBFCB8C8.jpg
    5219ABA9-002C-41C5-8107-BAFAE30C640D.jpg
    9A3E177B-95E0-4144-AAFC-FE95065C94C4.jpg
    3B4AB163-30EA-46DA-A62F-4282044FFC56.jpg

h3000 wrote: »
    It was just brought into the country a day or two before the pic was taken. Not too sure if it ever got Irish plates.

The same guy owns these.

Is he a limerick local?

Is he a limerick local?
    He is indeed. This is one of his too.

DSC_0033.jpg
    DSC_0036.jpg
    DSC_0056.jpg

And this
    DSC_0042.jpg
    DSC_0043-2.jpg

And I think these too
    DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0047.jpg

Think I know who it is, don`t want to mention his name on here in case its not him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

He's living the absolute dream whoever he is, fair play to them.

Think I know who it is, don`t want to mention his name on here in case its not him
    I won't mention his name but it's easy enough to find out if you want to :D
    He's living the absolute dream whoever he is, fair play to them.
    I love the way he shows the off and drives them. They could so easily be hidden away and we would never even know they were here. The C&C in Limerick is in a car park which has a shop there so often people with no real interest in cars will be in the shop and then have a walk around the cars. I've seen young kids pawing at his €1m+ cars :eek: and he still comes back every month.

He has a Ferrari 250 GTO too but I can't find my pic right now.

I won't mention his name but it's easy enough to find out if you want to :D

100% the lad I thought it was :D

Jaysus that's some collection. Any chance someone could PM me who owns them?

Don't think any of those can be realistically VRT'd anymore. Revenue treat valuable classic cars separately apparently, so a 60's Ferrari, which might only have cost a few thousand new at the time, will not be assessed for VRT based on that, but on current value.

• Advertisement

I can't find my pics right now but here is a post from Marcinek_55 below with another few from the collection.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99876240#post99876240
    Here is what I saw today on Limerick Classic Car Show:

R9Eska3.jpg
    mMMy7Am.jpg

Advertisement