Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man of the match betting

Options
  • 08-09-2008 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Anybody know whats the story with the man of the match betting for yesterdays hurling match? bloody rte went and gave man of the match to the whole kilkenny team, I backed noel hickey and PP have it down as a loser in my account surely they'll at least have to refund my money because there was no odds given for the whole kilkenny team winning was there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Give them a ring and ask for clarification. If no odds were quoted, (i.e. not a runner) then you cant possibly have won on the bet hence your money should be refunded.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

Brian Cody got it and yes of course u will get a refund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 miamigal

I thought markets like this usually work on an 'Others on Request' basis. So even if the winner wasn't listed your bet would still be a loser.

However, in this case I'm sure the bet will be refunded as it was the manager and not one of players who got the award.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

hey thanks for the replies got it sorted all bets refunded:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

If anybody bet any Kilkenny player for MOTM with Ladbrokes, you'll be paid out as a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Think the MOTM betting is one to be left alone. Bit open to dodgy interpretations.

EXAMPLE Wigan v Chelsea a couple of weeks ago

Ashley Cole gets the award and looks surprised when the bottle of Champers is handed over. He even asks "Who picked that"

Director cuts back to studio and Steve McManaman sitting rubbing his hands looking like the cat that got the cream saying "20/1....cleaned up" Then the anchor guy for Setanta asks probably the dumbest question ever "So why did you pick Ashley"

I laughed but probably wouldn't have found it so funny if I'd had a bet :p

Advertisement