Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

interior rear view mirror hassles!!

Options
  • 08-09-2008 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys
    Hoping someone here might be able to give me a heads up with regard to a rear view mirror problem I am having. Basically, mine will not stay stuck to the windscreen. I have tried several types and finally bought one a few months ago which looked to have done the trick but it has now fallen off again.
    It is a small but really irritating problem!! Do you reckon I should get a separate hight power adhesive and try to glue it myself or should I buy one where it includes 2 sticky pads?
    Any help gratefully received!
    Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What happened to the original mirror?

I got one with a suction cup from ebay for the gf, still works. Mind it's a little bit wobbly but nothing I really notice when driving.

Only glue if you are the last owner of the car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

You can get mirror fixing strip from most motor shops. Looks like strip of very fine Velcrow. Clean the screen thoroughly (meths works well) where you intend to put the mirror, then apply the strip to the mirror back and push the whole thing onto the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Or call into Autoglass or the like. I'm sure they would have the right adhesive for it and fix it if you drop one of the guys a few €.

BTW, apparently using superglue to attach a mirror to the windscreen can lead to cracked screens. Dunno how true it is but I was told by a mate who worked for Autoglass.

Advertisement