Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Optional modules.

• 08-09-2008 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

I was trying to register online there but i'm a bit confused.
    How do you know which optional modules to pick?
    There are some that i know are not for my course but there are a few I'm not too sure about.
    I e-mailed college about it but haven't heard back from them yet...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

You pick the optional modules you want to do, simple.

Be patient, the college is very busy right now, they'll get back to you in due course and at this stage, there really is no hurry with registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Choc123

curlysue18 wrote: »
    I was trying to register online there but i'm a bit confused.
    How do you know which optional modules to pick?
    There are some that i know are not for my course but there are a few I'm not too sure about.
    I e-mailed college about it but haven't heard back from them yet...

yo curly sue,
    i had the same worry with my modules for journalism.
    I enailed the head of my course and he wrote straight back and said not to worry about it too much cos u can always change easily and you can attend all classes for the first while and then decide..
    hope that helps,
    Niall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

Choc123 wrote: »
    I enailed the head of my course and he wrote straight back and said not to worry about it too much cos u can always change easily and you can attend all classes for the first while and then decide..

That's good advice
    Just pick what modules look good to you for registration purposes and then attend the first 1 or 2 lectures for all modules and make a final decision. You about 3 weeks after registration to charge your mind (there a form to fill in) for free. Its not hassle and it what many if not most do.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

You can also make an informed choice by finding out more about the modules...

http://www.dcu.ie/registry/modules.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

monument wrote: »
    You can also make an informed choice by finding out more about the modules...
    A good place to get info, but...
    Sadly in the case of Computing modules (CA and MSc courses) this list is very out of date. I suspect it may be the same with other programmes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement