Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Argos?

Options
  • 08-09-2008 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

The bookcases I want from Argos aren't in stock. I can't find a number to phone them and ask when they expect them to be in stock (not that I expect that to have been a particularly fruitful endeavour in any case)

Is there another reasonably priced flatpack furniture emporium in Galway with a pretty good selection, or even better, an online website?

Since moving to Ireland I've only lived in Sligo (which has nothing) so I don't know Irish stores... something that might be obvious to you wouldn't be to me :) And golden pages can't tell me price ranges. (I nearly died of shock when I saw what the stores in Sligo wanted for a coffee table that I could have easily bought in Canada for 50 bucks... but hey. That's another thread altogether)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Atlantic Homecare have full size bookcases starting from 49.99, I'm sure Woodies carry most of the same or similar stock seeing as they're owned by the same company- Also B&Q. Argos would have been my first recommendation for cheap flatpacks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Take the trip to IKEA Belfast, it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

no car, biko :(

Ikea is probably reason number 7 that I want to move back to Canada ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's worth it just for the
    IMG_0297.JPG

99 cent breakfast (in Montreal anyway)

also for the sake of closure I ended up getting two different shelves at Argos. Just easier when it came down to it. sigh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭paddy316i

Oh man Argos is a ripoff!!

A guy I know was gonna buy a 42" tv there and ended up driving up north where it was €300 cheaper in Argos up there!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Xiney wrote: »

Ikea is probably reason number 7 that I want to move back to Canada ASAP

Out of interest, what are reasons 1-6?

Should prop be a new thread though "Why Canada is better than Galway!"

The disparate pricing between the Republic and the North isn't limited to just Argos though.

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Out of interest, what are reasons 1-6?

Should prop be a new thread though "Why Canada is better than Galway!"

It was a joke :P

(Although if you're interested, healthcare and weather rank considerably higher in my list than Ikea)

Advertisement