Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden 2009 20th Anniversary Edition

• 08-09-2008 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Does anyone know if this is available in Ireland/UK. I was looking on the web and didn't see it anywhere. Compared to the normal game it has the new head coach management game, madden 93 and loads of DVD footage so it a great package :D. If anyone has seem it I'd be much obliged if you let me know.

On a more general note, has anyone been playing the game itself. I saw a review this weekend and it looks excellent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I only recently got interested in American football.
    I rented Madden 08 a few months back and was very unimpressed in my ignorance.

But I made an effort to learn and Madden 09 is quality.
    Best of all if you play online, you'll never be stuck for a game.
    I'm still learning more and more but it's the best sports game I've bought for the Xbox360.

I also have a Wii but the back of the display case shows cartoon charecters, maybe it's a simplified arcade version?

I've not seen it on sale, I suppose you can go to Amazon if you need to OP. Xtravision will order it in if you want and they have stores all over the country.
    I don't have the collecters edition, here what you get:

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-20th-Anniversary-Collectors-Xbox-360/dp/B0017I1FSU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1220868024&sr=8-3
    *Fully Playable Madden 93 Game: Turn back the clock and play the 16-bit Madden 93 game. Because I played Madden 93 fifteen years ago, I pondered to myself "WoW! I used to play this game?" This is not a game you would play for hours these days, but its nice addition to play and appreciate the past and how far the game came to this day.

*NFL Head Coach 09: If you are a fan of this series, you just might have to buy the entire Collector's Edition to play it this year.

*Extensive Playbook: This can certainly be useful for avid online players who might be looking for some extra weapons. There are 3 sets of extra playbooks available(Generation 1, 2 and 3.) Some of the plays go back 20 years ago!

*BONUS DISK: About 2 hours total time of 8 videos. Most of them are footages from NFL Network. Therefore if you do not get NFL Network in your area, this can be another selling point. The videos and their time in minutes and seconds are as follows:

Super Bowl 31 Highlights(23:41) - Packers Vs Pats
    Week In review: Superbowl 31(20:41) - Packers Vs Pats
    Week In Review: 2008 NFC Championship(14:02) - Packers Vs Giants
    Manning, Brady, and Favre - The Quarterbacks(16:05) - Quarterbacks of today.
    In Just One Play(14:37) - Join Chad Johnson as he discusses today's playmakers.
    Moment of Impact(12:36) - Today's defensive playmakers.
    NFL Greatest Follies, Volume 3(13:58) - Focuses on Touchdown Celebrations.
    Madden NFL Concept Gallery(2:36) - Short Madden Game Art Gallery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I haven't played Madden in years but does anyone else think they should have more emphasis on the throwing? From what I remember you just simply pressed a button to throw to a receiver and it was basically up to the computer how it got there. I'de love to see a manual option that allows you to control the power and direction/height of the throw. Now THAT would be satisfying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

Beh Checked Amazon (UK) and they had loads of the normal one but none of the Anniversary edition. Ohhh well maybe they can order it in Game/Xtravision. Cheers Lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

According to play asia (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en-84-l.html the only version of the 20th Anniversary Edition of Madden is the US version, which will not work on the European XBox...

Advertisement