Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting a U-lock

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

had the key jam in a U-lock a while back. no budge at at all.. and it was locked on the quays near the Ha-penny bridge.(it was the eve/Paddys day, and I didnt want to leave it there for the day, as I didnt fancy the chances of it not being kicked about) When down at about 5 am with a ****ty little hack saw, and was going at the U-bit.. (know better now) for a while when some guy drove up on the path beside me.
    Looked like some Clamper/parking support car -van.
    Guy hops out, and askes me if I am stealing the bike.
    Told him it was my bike and the key was stuck.
    So he took a "big bolt clippers" out of the van, set it up on the lock, and jumps on it... clip.. , lock open.

It was a much smaller bolt clippers, I saw one of the young lads around the flats in the Liberties, put under his coat one day.. should have rang the cops about that. Well... maybe.. just maybe , he need it for something sensible.

I'm going on a bit now.. but a mate of mine told a story, about researching heavy duty chain, to lock his expensive bike. Finds out about some really hardens stuff , and went off to the hardware store to enquie. The guy said he had it, so my mate says, I'll have a meter (or so) . The hardware guy takes a clippers and cuts the chain no problem.
    At which point my mate said .. "I dont want it now"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

bealbocht wrote: »
    I'm going on a bit now.. but a mate of mine told a story, about researching heavy duty chain, to lock his expensive bike. Finds out about some really hardens stuff , and went off to the hardware store to enquie. The guy said he had it, so my mate says, I'll have a meter (or so) . The hardware guy takes a clippers and cuts the chain no problem.
    At which point my mate said .. "I dont want it now"
    Great story, made me LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Now you don't get those cutters in Aldi! if I was robbing I would download the AA logo and iron it on a polo shirt and do it, nobody would question you.

Advertisement