Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smoke

Options
  • 08-09-2008 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭

Dear modellers,

i was interested in purchasing smoke from www.rcsmoke.com. these are smoke canisters you can attach to a model and apparently (as i have not purchased yet) 'burn' cold. they 'burn' in various colours for 3 or 4 minutes.

i was wondering do ye know what the legality of these in Ireland are? the chap who owns the site says he has delivered to the republic but i dont want to break a law and have a couple of annoyed gardai knocking due to an innocent mistake.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 tenox

STATUTORY INSTRUMENT
    S.I. No. 25 of 2000
    IRISH AVIATION AUTHORITY
    (ROCKETS AND SMALL AIRCRAFT) ORDER, 2000
    Page 2

(1) A person who has charge of the operation of a small aircraft shall not
    permit any article or animal, whether or not attached to a parachute, to
    be dropped from that aircraft so as to endanger persons or property.

From the website:
    "Smoke Cartridges are acceptable for all members to utilize as long as the devise remains attached to the model. By using the RC Smoke mounting kits you can be sure that the Smoke Cartridges are securely fastened to the model."

Other than that I would check whether the smoke emitter is not a dangerous / banned chemical and whether it can be imported to the country. Check the chemistry forum.

Advertisement