Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant Send or Recieve MMS

• 08-09-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My last phone was a Nokia 6300 that my OH got as an upgrade on Meteor billpay an i've now got a samsung tocco also got as an upgrade on Meteor from the Carphone warehouse. Problem is though that i cant send MMS picture messages on either phone, although i can go on the internet. When my OH puts his sim into the phone they send and recieve picture messages no problem but wont when my sim is in the phone. Does anyone have any idea why this is??

Surely it cant be cos his sim is a billpay and mine is a pay as you go??
    I've got the meteor settings send to my phone numerous times as well as a phone call and email to meteor but nothings changed :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

dlambirl wrote: »
    Hi all,

My last phone was a Nokia 6300 that my OH got as an upgrade on Meteor billpay an i've now got a samsung tocco also got as an upgrade on Meteor from the Carphone warehouse. Problem is though that i cant send MMS picture messages on either phone, although i can go on the internet. When my OH puts his sim into the phone they send and recieve picture messages no problem but wont when my sim is in the phone. Does anyone have any idea why this is??

Surely it cant be cos his sim is a billpay and mine is a pay as you go??
    I've got the meteor settings send to my phone numerous times as well as a phone call and email to meteor but nothings changed :(

You may not be setup correctly on Meteor's systems for MMS but you are for WAP; hence why you can connect to the Internet.

What was the result of your initial contact with Meteor? Did they say they fixed an issue on their side or did they say that everything was setup fine?

I would recommend contacting Meteor customer care on 1905 and advising them that you have the correct MMS settings on your handset, so they don't try sending them to you, and that you want them to check with technical support whether you are setup for MMS. Technical support will be able to see exactly how you're setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

go to a meteor shop or cpw and get a replacement sim. it's free but make sure to copy your phone book from the old sim to the phone memory first.

if you do that and it still doesn't work, your account isn't provisioned for mms and you need to call meteor and explain that. if they insist on sending you the settings over and over again, explain that you can't send messages with your sim in any phone, even phones that can send messages fine with other sims in them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Thanks, I'll try ringing Customer Care. :D

What would we do only for boards eh?!! :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

so i rang meteor and i was talking to a very nice girl called sarah who was ever so helpful and she contact tech support for me and low and behold my mms settings werent set up so she got that changed and went through everything with me to set it up!! delighted now!!

Thanks everyone for your help and thanks to sarah in meteor for getting it all sorted :D

Advertisement