Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advertising online or in a print magazine?

Options
  • 08-09-2008 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    What is the best advertisement media currently available for selling a car? What do people feel is better value for money in attempting to sell a car in current climate? Ive had car on carzone and autotrader websites and have had no interest. Car is well priced. Thinking of negotiating a good price for 4 weeks in CBG magazine as a last resort! Any views?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Online, in my books.

These days more people take the time to browse the net looking for a car than go into a newsagents and buy a copy of a magazine.

On a side note if you pay for an ad on the cbg magazine doesn't it appear on their website too?

Other sites to note are www.carzone.ie and www.adverts.ie (free)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Carzone.ie or CBG.ie, which is the best for selling your car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

PH01 wrote: »
    Carzone.ie or CBG.ie, which is the best for selling your car?

CBG aren't a big player in the market, you're better off with Autotrader/Carzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

bazz26 wrote: »
    Online, in my books.

These days more people take the time to browse the net looking for a car than go into a newsagents and buy a copy of a magazine.

On a side note if you pay for an ad on the cbg magazine doesn't it appear on their website too?

Other sites to note are www.carzone.ie and www.adverts.ie (free)

Yes bazz, that is correct. You get both. I might give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Darragh29 wrote: »
    CBG aren't a big player in the market, you're better off with Autotrader/Carzone.

Thanks for the advice, which I've acted upon. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭suzi-suz

there is a new car website called <SPAM> its carzone's all new competitor give it a look its worth it

i hope i dont get punished for writing that :confused:

MODEDIT
    Oh yes, you do

banned for a month for spamming that site 3 times in 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

I have found Carzone about the best. Have sold a few also thru' Buy&Sell. At the cheaper end of the scale, I sold a 1991 Corolla earlier this year in Feb. Put the ad in Buy&Sell. It came out on Wednesday & I took 12 phonecalls that day. Sold it by 18:00 that evening.
    Used to like CBG but have found in the last few years, it's a very annoying site. Quite a lot of errors - photos not matchine the ad - which I find really annoying.

T.

Advertisement