Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

31st All Ireland Hurling Title Homecoming

Options
  • 08-09-2008 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

What's the story. Take it it will be the usual railway station-John street-Market Yard?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Are they defo going home by train then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Yeah the usual parade route, down John Street from the train and into the Market Yard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

anyone know what time the train will be in kilkenny at?

Great turn out yesterday for the lads.

Say there are a few sick heads today....my own included!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Great turn out, although I thought the atmosphere wasn't great.

Don't know why but last year seemed to be better. The Seniors seemed to be a lot more muted and relaxed this year. I remember last year they were hanging out the bus, punching the air and really up for it. I guess most of them have seen it all at this stage, but with 3 in-a-row I was expecting something a bit more special.

I guess the weather didn't help either. Oh and don't get me started on the quality of speeches (Compere, players and managers aside), surely they could've got guys with a bit more fire in their belly, to take up the mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Did I hear correctly on the radio that thousands were turned away from the city due to the numbers who turned out?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cckk

The weather was the real problem - everyone was cold and damp. Last year it had a sunny festival atmosphere. But we cant complain!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

no weather problem for me cos i stayed in the pub and ordered a round when eveyone was out looking at the exact same thing they saw last year

Advertisement