Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Deal T+G flooring?

Options
  • 08-09-2008 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Mo mhami wants to get about 11sq yards of this stuff. Went to woodies but they didn't have enough and they said they generally only stock a few packs at a time. Anyone know a good place to get this? It's just a cheap solid timber that can be painted/stained if desired. Also, would you need foam underlay if it was going over chipboard? What price should I be expecting for 11sq yards?

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Most hardware stores would have 11sq yards of white deal t&g floorboards.
    I'd recommend foam underlay, to soften noise and help level dips in chipbord.

White deal is cheap, its not great as a finished floor as its very soft. I assume you are leaving the boards exposed.

You can get packs of pre-finished french pine at most DIY stores, costs about €19 a pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

See I think my mam wants to paint it, a stained white, you wouldn't get the finish she wants pre made I wouldn't think. Not here anyway:confused: She likes the "worn" style, as in chips in the wood and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

cormie wrote: »
    Hi,
    Mo mhami wants to get about 11sq yards of this stuff. Went to woodies but they didn't have enough and they said they generally only stock a few packs at a time. Anyone know a good place to get this? It's just a cheap solid timber that can be painted/stained if desired. Also, would you need foam underlay if it was going over chipboard? What price should I be expecting for 11sq yards?

Any feedback appreciated :)

Jasus stay away from woodies go to Brooks or Chadwicks a lot cheaper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Cool, will try them :)

Another thing, my friend wants to put solid french oak down on a stairs and was told that he'd need to get some french oak edges for the stairs and then to mitre cut something too. The floor is concrete in an apartment. Is there an easy way to go about this?

Advertisement