Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Inspection...

Options
  • 08-09-2008 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Got a 4x4 reserved in the UK, need to get an inspection on it. whose best to do this ? RAC or AA (or somebody else) ?

Comments much appreciated..

thanks

FBP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

hadthe same thing, bought a Pajero a few months back.

I asked my g/f to call the AA & RAC for me but only the AA were open and they couldn't transfer her to the correct department internally and the number for them was one of those lo-call ones that you can't dial internationally.

after lots of giving out, the woman on the phone suggested she do a google search for 'car checkers uk' and said that that was the company that the AA sub-contract all their inspection work to and to try them directly.

here's them anyway: https://www.car-checkers.co.uk/

turns out they were significantly cheaper than either the AA or RAC and did a sterling job of the inspection, giving me a 16 page report going through everything from internal and external condition down to the tiniest scratches, to tyre pressure, tread depth & make/model and did a 10 mile test drive etc. and went through all the mechanicals down to the very last thing (like an MOT/NCT tester would) and checked the cars history etc. too.

can't recommend them enough tbh, they were excellent and called me within minutes with a verbal yay/nay and then emailed me the full report within a couple of hours of doing it with everylast detail included.

the full detailed report (as opposed to the quick inspections they also offer) was £220 as it was a 2.8L 2 tonne 7 seater 4x4 but I think they do a regular car from £149 (depending on engine size).

2 thumbs up anyway, better that than getting over there and finding out you've bought a turkey. :)

Advertisement