Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which Restaurant is better for dinner with wife

Options
  • 08-09-2008 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

HI All

Please help me decide a restaurant around in midlands for a birthday dinner with my wife. Which one is better ?

1. Bloom field house mullingar
    2. Bridge house Tullamore

I would like to go outside town if restaurant is nice ( That's the reason for adding Bloom field house but I don't how it is like. i have heard that Bridge house is nice)

I have been to Glasson so I don't want to go there again. Somewhere in Tullamore or Mullingar. Or if somebody can suggest me any other restaurant that would be great as well.

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'm quite fond of SiRocco's. It's seen better days, but its still a very nice place for a nice meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭sprocket1

"ilia tapas and more" dominic street mullingar would be a better bet than the two you mentioned,
    lovely intimate setting, great food, good service, ive been there a few times now and have never been disappointed, probubly the best rib eye steak ive eaten bar shanahans on the green and nearly 50% cheaper!! so amazing value,

• Registered Users Posts: 9 davyspain

My favorite restaurant in Tullamore is Jamie's. The food in here is much nicer that the Bloomfield or the Bridge House. Jamie's is family run and it feels that way the minute you walk in the door. Try the Tournafoula black pudding for a starter, it's absolutely gorgeous. Jamies is located on Harbour street in Tullamore.
    Another good restaurant if you're into Indian food is the Shishir. They'vre won awards for their food although the portions are not huge.
    The Canton Regent Chinese on William Street (Columcille Street) has to be the best Chinese restaurant in town along with the New Star on Kilbride street.
    Enjoy your dinner:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

The Belfry (outside Mullingar on the Castlepollard Road) is lovely and the setting is spectacular, makes it good for a special occasion.

Advertisement