Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooked Lunches Served Cold

• 08-09-2008 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi basically I'm looking for a bit of help on lunch ideas. I don't have the facility to re-heat anything I cook, but maybe there are dishes I could cook and eat cold? Or any other lunch ideas? I'm really into Asian food, so I like cold rice etc and pasta cold as well!

Any help is much appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I made Gigantes in the weekend, basically butterbeans in a tomatoey sauce.
    It is a nice dish cold or room heat.
    Greek cuisine has a lot of dishes that can be eaten at room temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Hagakure_irl

Great thanks for the answers guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

Don't forget thermos flasks! you can get wide mouth ones bowl type ones now, if you rinse with boiling water and leave boiling water sit then they can stay really hot, perfect for stuff with a lot of liquid/sauce, like curries & rice etc. I do not like food piping hot anyway. You could microwave it in a normal bowl until roasting in the morning and pour it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LD8

Some ideas:

Soba noodle salad (sesame seeds, spring onions, cucumber and soy sauce);
    Potato fritatta;
    Niçoise salad (salad greens, tomatoes, boiled eggs, tuna, green beans);
    Meat croquettes or risoles;
    Ratatoille (aubergines, courgettes, peppers, onions, roasted then mixed with feta cubes and black olives)

There is also a wonderful site about bento boxes with lots of ideas, look it up, is well worth it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement