Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recommend a northern dentist?

• 08-09-2008 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭

Ideally i'd like one who is

1. open weekends
    2. easily accessible using public transport/private buses
    3. gives a proper retainer rather than molded to your mouth gum shield etc
    4. reasonable price

I'm based in drogheda

any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

I know this thread is old but... I would like to know as well,not for me but someone in the family has to get a new crown and i think the price here in Dublin was €700 or there abouts.

Theres lots of dentists listed up the north but to get a few recommendations from people who have used them would be great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

I've been to O'Farrell & Staunton in Newry, just for a filling though... but have to say I found them to be top class!

http://www.ofarrell-staunton.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Thanks a lot,i will pass on the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭jgoodman05

Went to a Dr. Mellor in Belfast, was very good think he's on the net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 sim2

Are there any other suggestions. not very happy going to dentists..they are not my most favourite people. Not them personally but the pain and anguish they cause!
    Going to look at the other two already mentioned! Does anybody know if either of these guys are good for nervous people and if they are good value?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

I went to a dentist in Derrylin, Fermanagh two years ago. Extraction was €50 and €350 for a root canal on one of my back teeth.
    I thought it was quite reasonable, but I have nothing to compare it to.
    Neither the procedure nor the after-affects were even remotely painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭silat liam

sim2 wrote: »
    Are there any other suggestions. not very happy going to dentists..they are not my most favourite people. Not them personally but the pain and anguish they cause!
    Going to look at the other two already mentioned! Does anybody know if either of these guys are good for nervous people and if they are good value?
    Thanks

Hi Sim

Dr David Wison in Ballymoney. Very good dentist, and extremely good with nervous patients. He works out of Howell and Alexander Associates. I found his work to be of the highest standard. If you want his number or any questions send me a PM and I get back to you.

Liam

Advertisement