Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest updates

Options
  • 08-09-2008 1:08pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

LATEST UPDATE!! as of 12:30

"As we told you in previous news, the account validation system has been taken offline while our technical teams work on it. A lot of work has been done and some of the hardware on the database server has been changed as well as a lot of software improvements and our teams are still working hard to prepare the systems.

As a result, we will launch a new code registration page today at 16:00 CET. This new page will feature a delay between registration and account validation but you will still receive a confirmation email within a few minutes of creating your account.

If you had already created an account yesterday and have a validation email then you will still be able to follow the link from that email after 16:00 today to validate your account, if you do not have an email then you should create a new account as described above.

Thank you for your patience."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

16:00 CET does that mean 15:00 GMT ie.. 3 o'clock?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

toxick wrote: »

Ah yes, I didnt even think of that. 4pm French time would be 3pm Irish time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I don't think GOA know what time they mean. When they say CET they seem to always mean 1 hr ahead of Ireland/UK regardless of actual timezones. If they say 16:00 CET they mean 15:00 here, even though that would normally be 14:00 in GMT.

Spear wrote: »
    I don't think GOA know what time they mean. When they say CET they seem to always mean 1 hr ahead of Ireland/UK regardless of actual timezones. If they say 16:00 CET they mean 15:00 here, even though that would normally be 14:00 in GMT.

CET- Central europe time that being +1 of ireland which is GMT - Greenwich Mean Time dont know were your getting the 14:00 from

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

CET- Central europe time that being +1 of ireland which is GMT - Greenwich Mean Time dont know were your getting the 14:00 from

Central europe is in CEST now, not CET, so they're at GMT +2.

• Advertisement

UPDATE 2:08pm

Currently, we are in the process of implementing the last few bits and pieces in a new key authentication system which should be online in an hour or two. When this kicks in and people start coming home from work, we should see a significantly stronger stream of players gaining access to and joining our Open Beta servers.

An hour or two...

lol.. so late morning -> early afternoon -> late afternoon at this rate early access befor they get it sorted:)

i get you know spear.. sorry for that :) time zone's... confusing stuff :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yay, so we can wait for people to come home from work and bring the servers down again. Super. Let me patch my ****ing client already.

Kiith wrote: »
    Yay, so we can wait for people to come home from work and bring the servers down again. Super. Let me patch my ****ing client already.

The reason this new thread was started was because the old one got bogged down with people moaning...

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Anyone know how big the update is? I hope it's not going to take hours once I get the account set up.

• Advertisement

Maximilian wrote: »
    Anyone know how big the update is? I hope it's not going to take hours once I get the account set up.

I think its about 300mb.

Maximilian wrote: »

It's 185 megs to go from the phase 3.3 based open client to 4.1

Also here's a letter from Requiel/IainC about the issues.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1384848#post1384848

Ah thats not too bad then. I thought it was in the region of 3gb...which would have sucked.

Kiith wrote: »
    Ah thats not too bad then. I thought it was in the region of 3gb...which would have sucked.

The 3GB of files mentioned was for the localised voices, which have since been put off till later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Spear wrote: »

Also here's a letter from Requiel/IainC about the issues.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1384848#post1384848

Now I like that :) I like knowing why things went wrong and what they are trying to do to fix them.

I've real good feeling about the Launch / Head Start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Well that explanation does make sense and am happy they decided to provide one.

if its the same Requiel from DAoC he always gives good explinantions and one of the best things from GOA :P

if its the same Requiel from DAoC he always gives good explinantions and one of the best things from GOA :P

It is, aka Iain Compton, now resident in Dublin.

is GOA HQ in dublin now? i just thought it was the costumer serivce and the programming such(ie webpage/servers/datbases) are in paris... or are they all in dublin now and the servers are only thing left in paris?

is GOA HQ in dublin now? i just thought it was the costumer serivce and the programming such(ie webpage/servers/datbases) are in paris... or are they all in dublin now and the servers are only thing left in paris?

Everythings in Dublin, CSR, QA etc. Only the servers are in Lille.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

its now saying im banned/blocked from entering my account and the registering thing is closed still! wish i could authenticate it!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I think the registration thing is just for those who actually created an account yesterday but couldn't validate it afterwards. I don't think its up for new applications yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

im finally patching after 36 hours!

Whats worse then the fact that a **** load of people cant play the beta, is that there havent been any updates from them since yesterday. They should at least tell us what the hold up is, and give us an estimate. If they can update their page to say that the servers were down for a bit, surely they can update them to say whats going on.

Advertisement