Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on career move to accounting

• 08-09-2008 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi All,

I am a manager in the hotel industry and want to become an accountant,

Looking for advice on how best to go about it, I would need to study part-time because of my current commitments.

Thanks
    Damien

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

All of them require a bit of hard work the Chartered is a bit trickier as all the exams in any session are sat in one go, you cant do 2 now and 2 later.
    Research the different types, look at the syllabus and see waht one suits you instinct of waht you would like to do when qualified as one.
    hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 roll with it

Hi damox1.
    big step to go back studying. I was workin in IT last year for three years, and decided to take the plunge to go back and study. I started with a CPA practice, and therefore began the CPA exams. Takes a bit of commitment studying at night and attending lectures, but it's well worth it and i love the job.
    are you thinking of staying in your current position or moving to pracice??
    CPA is pretty flexible as far as i can see. I know there are a few who think ACCA is a stronger qualification, but I have been told in both interview scenarios and by lecturers that they equate to the same thing.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

Accountancy is a long haul but worth it. Consider http://www.accaglobal.com/join/dipfm/ as well. It is a qualification for managers with non accounting qualifications.

Advertisement