Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pssed my Motorbike test today

• 08-09-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

First time doing it so glad I got it. Now to buy a bike. :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Congrats!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Well done :D, where did you do it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭finto

Congrats. Im doing mine in a few weeks in limerick. Have you any hints pointers?? Im not taking a lesson so im not sure what to expect.
    Cheers
    Fint

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

I done my test in Belfast. Really happy I got it first time.
    Have you any hints pointers??

I would say try not to be nervous remember all your signals, mirrors and life savers you cant do enough. I thought I was over doing it and he said I was missing a few at the start. Just ride like you normally do and if you think you have messed up put it to the back of your mind and keep going sometimes if they see you recovering well it can work in your favor. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

This may seem like a stupid question but here it goes........... was it a UK bike test or an Irish bike test???

Oh and yeah Congrats on passing.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

was it a UK bike test or an Irish bike test???

It was a UK test. But get this we have a different system to England. In England you have to do a CBT test to get on the road then there is other tests. All we have is turn 17 you can ride a 125 with no prior training. Pass a theory test then you can take the practical and get any bike you want. Legally the bike has to be restricted to 33bhp but many people remove these. If you do remove them you are not insured and not legal on the road.

Apparently the test in the North is changing to incorporate some kind of CBT training. Manouvers around coned areas etc. I think N.I. test is to easy but I would say that now I have passed. :D

Not sure how this compares with the Irish test? Is it similar or easier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

finto wrote: »
    Congrats. Im doing mine in a few weeks in limerick. Have you any hints pointers?? Im not taking a lesson so im not sure what to expect.
    Cheers
    Fint

Pointers?
    Get lessons :) then you will know what to expect....

Advertisement