Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI logo

• 08-09-2008 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

What's the story with the bizarre FAI logo with all the swirly shapes? Why not have a real crest like any other national team? They obviously weren't happy enough with the shamrock, but you'd think they'd come up with something a bit better than what we are left with now. Plonkers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

What's the story with the bizarre FAI logo with all the swirly shapes? Why not have a real crest like any other national team? They obviously weren't happy enough with the shamrock, but you'd think they'd come up with something a bit better than what we are left with now. Plonkers!

that was changed years ago, no???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

The logo for the Football Association of Ireland represents the very essence of Irish Football - inclusive of all who enjoy our game. It embraces a long tradition with the shamrock.

The logo is a fresh, modern reflection of our heritage and the bright talent who star in our game at every level.

Seasann suaitheantas Chumann Peile na hÉireann do chuile rud atá tábhachtach I gcúrsai peilene tire seo, do chuile dhuine a bhaineann taitneamh as an gcluiche.

Is fada an ceangal idir an Cumann agus an tSeamròg agus tá sin aitheanta ar fud an domhain. Tugann an dearadh neu seo ar ár suaitheantas, léargas úr ar ár n-oidhreacht agus ar an tallann speisialta atá rannpháirteach ag gach léibhéal dár gcluiche.

The logo is comprised of elements, a ball, a shamrock, a tricolour and stars and as the new brand image of the Football Association of Ireland represents the very essence of Irish Football inclusive of all who enjoy our game.

As well as embracing a long tradition with the shamrock, the new logo is a fresh modern reflection of our heritage and the bright talent who star in our game at every level. The use of green and orange continues to reflect the significant relationship with our national colours.

Take another look at the crest.

It's just like Israel having the Star of David incorporated onto their crest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Pure Cork wrote: »
    Take another look at the crest.

It's just like Israel having the Star of David incorporated onto their crest.

I know it was changed years ago, but it's just crap. Fresh reflection etc my ass.

Israel - Star of David...what in God's name are you talking about???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

The use of green and orange continues to reflect the significant relationship with our national colours.
    Who writes this rubbish?
    Agree with the OP. The logo (it's not a crest) is corporate pale, weak and meaningless. I was just looking at NI's crest the other day and wishing we had a proper symbol like they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I like it, much better then the old one

Yeah, very similar to the Israeli logo and you can see the Star of David in it, very clever tbh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_national_football_team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

was just thinking the old logo was pretty cool. Had a nice 'impact' when on a jersey. Can't really see or make out the new one when watching the players.

[thanks for the scans stovelid :)]
    Israel - Star of David...what in God's name are you talking about???

EDIT - WTF??? Was looking for it and found the Israel one?
    Look familiar???
    200px-Israel_football_association_new.jpg
    fai_logo.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

whiskeyman wrote: »
    was just thinking the old logo was pretty cool. Had a nice 'impact' when on a jersey. Can't really see or make out the new one whaen watching the players.

Anyone got a scan of the old one for retro sake?

Here's some...

fai1990crest.jpg

fai1980crest.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

i like the irish crest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Jesus, those 2 logos (Israeli and new irish one) are absolutely disgusting. Who designs these things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What's with the swirls and the diddly-dye writing on the new one, ffs.

They should borrow Shamrock Rover's crest. :D. Shamrock and a football - what more do you need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I didn't like it at first but it's grown on me over the couple of years a lot.

Never seen the Israeli one before, looks like it was designed by the same company?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Jesus, those 2 logos (Israeli and new irish one) are absolutely disgusting. Who designs these things?

Obviously the same company.... :)

Good o'l FAI probably paid half a million for it.

As pointed out it's not a crest it's a corporate logo for dopey corp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I actually like the FAI logo, at least it doesn't look like it was designed by a school kid like the ones before. it would be nice to have something with a bit more historical significance, but meh...

to be quite honest though i'd rather they just abandoned the silly corporate association logos on jerseys and just replaced them with the national flag.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

biohazard.jpg
    fai_logo.gif

It definately looks like the biohazard warning symbol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Biohazard_Sign.jpg
    fai_logo.gif

It definately looks like the biohazard warning symbol...

Yeah, that's the feeling I get off it too.

It's a grand logo...just not for a national football association.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

As much as this will probably piss a few off, I think the English were spot on with the 3 lions. They've had since they started I presume, and it is still going strong. This FAI one will be changed in about 10 yrs when it looks ghey in the corporate world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Andrew 83 wrote: »
    I didn't like it at first but it's grown on me over the couple of years a lot.

Never seen the Israeli one before, looks like it was designed by the same company?!

I suspect plagarism

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

JæKæ wrote: »
    I suspect plagarism
    Both the Israel and Ireland logos look a bit like the Arsenal one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

I think the Ireland Crest is nice.. and modern

Advertisement