Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New playground in the phoenix park.

Options
  • 08-09-2008 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Play5s.jpg

Has anyone else been to the new playground or multiactivity unit :P ?
    It is in the new visitors centre in the park, bedside Ashford castle and the walled garden.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Havent been myself but my youngest has been with her friends. She loved it.

I love the castle and visitors centre. Did you know there is a new bus now from there all round the park? Its only five euro for a family ticket and its a hop on hop off all day ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Yes its a gorgeous playground and surroundings. The play area itself is very like the one in Rathfarnham castle. We use the one in the phoenix park a lot since we're lucky to live close by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

hey funkie cool, i love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

That really looks nice.About time.Should be more around the country.:cool:
    Although we know who wrecks that happening :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is getting better, it used to be there were no playgrounds at all in the D15 area and the nearest one was the Zoo ( as the one in the people's garden was closed off), now there is 1 with in 10 mins walking distance and another 3 with in a 5 mintue drive and sometimes the kids and I will hop on the train to maynooth as there is one right at the station and then go for a walk around the college and then home.

A lot of small towns have them, Enischorty has one and D15 didn't,
    I remember 5 years ago being in east cork and nearly every small town had a play ground.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Theres a nice toddler playground in the templeogue part of tymon next to spawell. Rathfarnham Castle and Herbet Park have great playgrounds too. Hadn't even heard about this one until now!

Advertisement