Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I saw it on Broadway 2 weeks ago. We were eleven rows from the front, and in the centre of stage, and it was amazing. The vocals from the two leads were exceptional (in fact throughout, from all the cast, it was just like listening to the Stephen Schwarz production), and the sets were phenomenal. I will definitely be going back again, probably in London next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Hi anotherlostie,

Just wondering, did you get cheap tickets when you were there or did you have to pay full price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Hi anotherlostie,

Just wondering, did you get cheap tickets when you were there or did you have to pay full price?

No, I don't think there is any chance of getting cheap tickets for Wicked. However we did get our tickets directly from the Box Office, which at least meant not having to pay those extortionate Ticketmaster fees. Our seats were in the $111 category which I think are the most expensive non-premium seats, but to be honest, given where we were sitting, I felt it was worth it.

A word of warning though, we could only get 4 seats together to the midweek matinee, although they had a few pairs to the other evening shows for the week we were there. The risk worked out for us here, but didn't for God of Carnage, the (2009Tony award winning) play we wanted to see; the pre-Tony buzz meant it was a total sell out, but I know seats were available via Ticketmaster before we left. You could hit the same problem with Wicked, and for certain it won't be available from TKTS.

That's pretty much what I thought, thanks :)

Off to New York next week and would love to see the Broadway production as I love the London one so much but probably won't, we'll see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 fizzycullen

I took my girlfriend to see this at the start of the year......ABSOLUTLY AMAZING!!! We both LOVED it!! Soundtrack, AMAZING, Set, FANTASTIC, Performers AWESOME!!THOROUGHLY recommend it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭wicklow joe

I was in london last week, paid £15 each for tickets.........it was excellent so good im bringing the kids in october to see it

Got my tickets for the end of the month only to discover that it's the same weekend that were flying my parents to Pairs for their 25th wedding anniversary and I have to babysit as my other brothers are all working. It's also the weekend that I have to hand in my college project.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Ah god Darko, that's just depressing! :(

Got my tickets for the end of the month only to discover that it's the same weekend that were flying my parents to Pairs for their 25th wedding anniversary and I have to babysit as my other brothers are all working. It's also the weekend that I have to hand in my college project.
    Ah no, I feel for you. Wicked really is the best musical. You'll just have to go at another stage :)

fonpokno wrote: »
    Ah god Darko, that's just depressing! :(
    Ah no, I feel for you. Wicked really is the best musical. You'll just have to go at another stage :)

It could be worse, as long as I get everything with college sorted and my parents enjoy their trip that's all that matters. There's a good chance that had I gone I would have spent the entire time worrying about college, the one lecturer who I don't get on with failed me in two modules and I'm fairly certain he'll do the same again. My official complaint was not looked upon too kindly by him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DefierElle

ive seen it twice in London and still love it..although might take a little break from the Wicked madness so that i don't get sick of it1

I find it sounds that much better if you stop listening to it for a few months and go back. It's a great show. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

DefierElle wrote: »
    ive seen it twice in London and still love it..although might take a little break from the Wicked madness so that i don't get sick of it1

Have seen it 9 times...now on a LONG break from it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

I paid £35 or something to see it in July'07, it was absolutely fantastic. I've never been to see another show but I just loved it so much I'd see it again definately.

A friend of my mum's saw it 11 times so far in America :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I saw it in February this year got snowed in for two days,was the highlight of the whole week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 shona2

i loved loved loved it,was a great night out....
    the books thow,not my cup of tea at all,found them very hard going,just could not get into it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I prefer the book actually (and the sequel, son of a witch). The storyline's better, much more adult, and Elphaba's a much less likeable character in the book which I think makes her a better 'heroine'.

The book isn't bad, just totally different. I enjoyed it and have Son of a Witch in my to-be-read pile.

The musical will always be tops though :)

I found the book quite hard going too. Never actually got to the end of it.

I must finish it sometime just so I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Ohh, Wicked :D
    I've seen that one in London a few months ago and _loved_ it!!

The songs are awesome and the stage looked great. Only thing was I was sitting at the very top and the seats there were sooo steep ... urgh .... was kinda scary, hihi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Teganz

Thanks for posting. I love love Wicked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Morton Lowry

When I first heard of this musical I thought it would be rubbish but it was
    really great.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Haha, I thought it would be kinda boring, too ;D
    Got proven soooo wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I just booked tickets for myself and four others to see it on Broadway in October. Second row, centre- though I'm worried now that it'll be too close and I'll get a sore neck or something :( I have no idea how Broadway theatres are laid out. I'm so excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Going to see this (again) in London in October! Can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Going to see this (again) in London in October! Can't wait! :D

Yes, I am jealous. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Its soooo good. I didn't know the storey or the music before I went to see it and TBH I wasn't looking forward to it. How wrong was I. Can't wait to see it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Did a version of it in the Pavilion a few years back (played Fiyero :D), then saw the show in London. Fantastic music, and really touching - love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

4 weeks til I see this on Broadway :D Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭delboyfagan

Saw wicked in March on Broadway Gauge.

Didnt want to go but decided to make a call between that and Adams Family as both were completely sold out and had pretty much seen everything else.

ended up buying premium ticket (€250ish) and sat 3 rows from front in middle - similiar to your seats. You have nothing to worry about - best seats in the house. You will have a great time.

What a musical - heading off to London this weekend for 25th anniversary show in O2 and have booked wicked again for saturday afternoon.

My policy for musicals is if i dont get a middle seat in front 5 rows - I dont go. You gotta pay for it but it enhances experience immensley.

Advertisement