Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicked

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boogienights

I've yet to see it but like the music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Went to see Wicked in the West End in June 2009....It was about 20 pounds for a ticket but boy was it worth it! :) Loved every minute of it! :) Such a cool story!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Went to see Wicked in the West End in June 2009....It was about 20 pounds for a ticket but boy was it worth it! :) Loved every minute of it! :) Such a cool story!

£20 is ridiculously cheap for tickets. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

£20 is ridiculously cheap for tickets. :)
    Totally.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I posted about this in another forum, but thought I would drop in here to tell you as well... If you have a student card, bring it with you to the theatre! You can go on the day to buy your tickets from the Apollo Victoria itself, rather than from ticket touts. You can get any tickets that are left for that evening's showing for £25 with a student card - the ticket that I got for Wicked usually costs £62.50 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Went to London for my first time on Monday and saw Wicked on Tuesday, also my first time. I absolutely loved it! Definitely gonna be recommending it to anyone and everyone! Loved that the Apollo Victoria have little binoculars to rent as I left Ireland without my glasses!

Just wondering whether anyone knows anything about the Wicked billboard on the quays? My mam passed it on the bus the other day and she only noticed it cos I told her I was seeing it in London. She didn't see any info so I was just wondering if it's running in Dublin somewhere soon? I'd love to see it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

None of the theatres in Dublin are big enough for it, even the O2 if I remember correctly from the Behind the Emerald Curtain tour I did in NY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

tomissex wrote: »
    Just wondering whether anyone knows anything about the Wicked billboard on the quays?

I have a very strong suspicion that your mum actually saw this Meteor ad:

15-12-2010_international_rates.jpg?1294755161

Very VERY possible! Her eyesight is rather poor....:p
    Well at least I didn't get my hopes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

My Mum did exactly the same thing with the ones on buses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭n0irin

Aw, I was excited for a minute there, thought Wicked might come to Ireland. Ah well, I can live in hope :P (misguided hope maybe, but still hope)

Saw Wicked in the Victoria Apollo last Autumn and adored it. Been recommending it to anybody who's into musicals since then...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MaevelovesNY

Wicked is the BEST musical ever!I went to see it last December on Broadway and it was amazing!I can't even pick my favourite songs!I'd recommend it to anyone!:)Also,I'm not even 'into' musicals this was the first I've ever been to and I was enchanted by it!It's so funny too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I'm booked to see it on Broadway on the 30th Nov this year! \o/ SO excited! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Only just seen this now, we were in NY in September and went to see Wicked on Broadway. I have seen a good few musicals but this one blew the others out of the water, it was AMAZING! I bought the soundtrack, still listening to it every day in the car, songs are brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Alicat wrote: »
    I'm booked to see it on Broadway on the 30th Nov this year! \o/ SO excited! :D

I'm not jealous at all.

*bitch

:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

*wicked witch cackle* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Wicked is by far my favourite musical!!

I was in New York last month, but decided not to shell out a small fortune to see it again as I’d already seen it twice (in London and San Francisco). But on my last night I decided to try luck with the Wicked lottery and I won :D So I got a 2nd row seat for the equivalent of about 20euro! Amazing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

If you're in NY again, do the Behind the Emerald Curtain tour at Wicked, it's really interesting if you're a fan of the show ;)

I'm still all Wicked-ed out, that 9th time was the one that did it I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Hey guys looking to go see it in May in London. Are there any seats which you would not recommend in the theatre? Or are they all pretty good? Also do they be selling the tickets in the booth in Leicster Square or is that only for the less popular musicals?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Hey guys looking to go see it in May in London. Are there any seats which you would not recommend in the theatre? Or are they all pretty good? Also do they be selling the tickets in the booth in Leicster Square or is that only for the less popular musicals?

Don't think there's any chance of getting them at the TKTS booth! It wasn't on the board when I was there in December anyway. Definitely book it ahead of time. I was in the circle before (row L) but that was just too far back and there were obstructions too. So I'd try for central stalls or near the front of the circle if you can.

• Advertisement

I got my tickets from a booth when I was there. We didn't get great seats but just before the show started they said we could all move up. I think the ones we got were Circle Row N and we ended up somewhere between A and F.

11459s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

We got them at a booth before but they weren't exactly cheap anyway. In February my brother and his girlfriend went to the box office at about 16:00 and got the premium seats (probably stalls Row H and J) for something like £60.00 instead of £90.00. Not exactly sure of the prices.

If you are booking ahead of time, use this site to check out the best value seats. It doesn't mean they're cheap but it means they're good value for the price you pay. I've selected seats for Derren Brown and Legally Blonde using this as a guide and I've not been disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭what the hell!

nkay1985 wrote: »
    We got them at a booth before but they weren't exactly cheap anyway. In February my brother and his girlfriend went to the box office at about 16:00 and got the premium seats (probably stalls Row H and J) for something like £60.00 instead of £90.00. Not exactly sure of the prices.

If you are booking ahead of time, use this site to check out the best value seats. It doesn't mean they're cheap but it means they're good value for the price you pay. I've selected seats for Derren Brown and Legally Blonde using this as a guide and I've not been disappointed.

That's a really handy website thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

The Get into London Theatre (GILT) offer is back on. Loads of shows at reduced prices. Included is Wicked. Top price seats for £40. No booking fees.

http://giltsummer.seetickets.com/Tour/2012-OFFER-WICKED/Calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fataltragedy

Really enjoyed Wicked - have seen it about four times now.

The first time was when Idina Menzel was in it, so that was uneal - first time I've ever seen in a theatre, one person come out on stage during the musical for the first time in their role, and 99% of the theatre rise to their feet clapping and cheering! :o

Also saw it twice with Adam Garcia as Fiero - love that man!!

The effect of Wicked are unreal from the stage to the dragon over it - and as for the musical, well, what can be said! Definitely one to go see!!

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

I seen this, and I thought it was really enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jazzzzy

As a tip - I bought the cheapest available tickets for Wicked (London) at the box office the day of the show, that were near the very back of the theatre. At about two minutes before the show started, we noticed there were loads of seats available down towards the stage so we were able to move down and get a much better view :) This would probably be the case for the typically less busy shows i.e. Monday night, as opposed to Saturday shows.

Advertisement