Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish server - Burlok?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Server : Burlok
    Name : Aodh
    Class : Bright Wizard

Bloody Chaos side was full so I made a Bright Wizard. Managed to explode myself 5 times so far...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Server : Burlok
    Name : Kiith / Abandon
    Class : Shaman / Chosen

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Server: Burlok
    Name: Maximilian, Fex, Spandex
    Faction: Order I'm afraid
    Class: Witch Hunter, Bright Wizard, Shadow Warrior

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Name: Toxick
    Faction: Destruction
    Class: Sorc

i dont have a head start so ill be a bit behind all of ye once you are ahead, it seems we have a nice group of players on Burlok at the moment, seems like a good server, i say we should stay at it after OB.. but only time will tell,

Also it seems like a few going order so we can have a bit of irish compition :) With regarding to the guild, have we decided on a name yet? and should we open up a new thread discussing it once the head start happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

NEED MORE HEALERS! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Name: Marideus
    Faction: Destruction
    Class: Maruder

add me guys, im now playing finally :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Put in my pre-order at play.com today, couldn't be bothered going into HMV or Gamespot :)

Just wondering, I was thinking of rolling a greenskin squiggly thingy, am I right in assuming that I won't get to meet many of non-greenskin folks as the RvR fighting seems to be dwarves vs greenskins?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

netman wrote: »
    Put in my pre-order at play.com today, couldn't be bothered going into HMV or Gamespot :)

Just wondering, I was thinking of rolling a greenskin squiggly thingy, am I right in assuming that I won't get to meet many of non-greenskin folks as the RvR fighting seems to be dwarves vs greenskins?

Not in the first few chapters till the first warcamp, after that it's mixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

R0ot wrote: »

Thinking I might give Zealot a try tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

think ill jump on the war badnwagon, wow bored me a hell of alot, and the mass amount of pvp in this game attracts me big tim.

No idea what class to play, havnt been in betas. I generally played healing classes in WoW, and i hear healers in WAR can do some serious dmg...

Healer or mage type for me, now back to reading about classes :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

think ill jump on the war badnwagon, wow bored me a hell of alot, and the mass amount of pvp in this game attracts me big tim.

No idea what class to play, havnt been in betas. I generally played healing classes in WoW, and i hear healers in WAR can do some serious dmg...

Healer or mage type for me, now back to reading about classes :)

Depends on how much healing you want to do, arch mage/zealot for lots of healing, shaman for heals plus a fair bit of ranged damage, DoK and WP if you want to heal and hit people equally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Spear wrote: »
    Depends on how much healing you want to do, arch mage/zealot for lots of healing, shaman for heals plus a fair bit of ranged damage, DoK and WP if you want to heal and hit people equally.

Healers are the make/break most of the time in even leveled RvR i've found so far. I find myself reaching for a push to talk key a lot wanting to scream out "HEAL ME YOU BASTID" and then failing and having to type it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

R0ot wrote: »

I'd nearly argue this, I get a ton of healing done on a lot of targets at once.

Could do with a couple more good tanks. I was healing one yesterday who stood still as 5 melee types surrounded him hitting him. I healed him to **** but he killed each one of them in turn, ( I dropped a DoT on as many as I could too)

1 tank can take a lot of damage.

The bright wizards are the only problem from Order I think.

They have such long range and high damage. You find some people start falling back when the fireballs coming hurtling.

Could do with a couple more Sorcs to get the high damage spells out and 1 or 2 more tanks to just charge back at the charging enemey.

But like I said earlier, I've been taking the PvP for granted..

I'm only levels 6, 7, 8 and 9 and I've been in Mass PvP the whole time. Then I think of WoW and the grinding to get to 70 because thats the only time you can really pvp enjoyably in that game.
    Everything else is twinks and ganks.

But yeh, add me to friends list when you guys are on. (the little icon above your chat box). The pvp has been completely unorganised (but constant), so maybe getting a little organisation on the go would be fun.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Tusky wrote: »
    Destructions seems to be much more popular than Order on all servers. Destruction on Burlok is full at the moment so I had to try another server.

I kind of want to be order now.

I feel the same way. Everyone and their dog seems to want to go Chaos. I quite like the order side, having played it a bit last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

When I had to choose Order on Burlok I decided I may as well go for Bright Wizard as it was the one character that I thought sounded really cool. I logged into the game and was surrounded by hundreds of Bright Wizards. It's annoying if you wanted to party up with a varied group, but it was pretty f*cking cool when in a public quest a big giant type thingy came along and there was a slight pause as everyone was charging their spells follwed by a huge arc of fireballs streamed across the screen. It was like that bit in 300 with the arrows. But brighter. And not as cool, I guess...

Yeah, it's kinda cool alright. Seeing as everyone in that area is either a warrior priest, a WH or a BW, it's not surprising there's loads of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Playing on the Order side on Burlok, jaysus we are getting hammered. Playing a WP, no bad, but not that good for healing. Chars name is Wombat, I saw R0ot earlier kept on laughing at him, because I would not flag RVR. :P

Won't play Choas until game start, just to keep it new.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well so far im loving most classes ive tried.
    Rolled a Zealot this evening ,good fun but still think i prefer the shaman.
    Sorceress is cool too as is the Black Orc,havent a clue what a main will be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 qtpLOL

Bad news I think burloc is now going to be a role playing server

qtpLOL wrote: »

Got a source for that? I've seen no mention of setting up RP servers yet, there's only one open rules for the EU entire so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/

Core

* Axe Bite Pass
    * Karag Dron
    * Karag Orrud
    * Karak Eight Peaks
    * Karak Ungor
    * Karak-Azgal
    * Karak-Hirn
    * Karak-Izor
    * Karak-Norn
    * Karak-Vlag
    * Karaz-a-Karak

Open RvR

* Dragonback Mountains
    * Eltharion
    * Finuval Plain
    * Mount Silverspear
    * Sea of Dreams
    * Shifting Isles
    * Tiranoc

Role-Play

* Burlok
    * Makaisson

Open RvR Role Play

* Alarielle
    * Ellyrion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

qtpLOL wrote: »

Haa nerds !

* and thats coming from the roleplaying moderator

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Tbh I dont mind...
    Burlok was starting to have its fair share of non-english guilds/players. Not to discriminate, but back when I played WoW I started on what was a server full of english and ended up being Ukranians or something.

Typical, they've removed Worlds Edge, which was the chosen server for many of the closed beta guilds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

So, which server is everybody going for in the release?

non-RVR RP server has to suck the most :)

Advertisement