Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs in Limerick

Options
  • 08-09-2008 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

I was wondering are there any basketball clubs in Limerick (apart from Limerick Lions, I'm not that good)? I would be interested in joining one if there was.

I played basketball in school in Limerick about 14 years ago and I would like to go back and play.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

the limerick lions have set up a division one team for those not at superleague level, there is one or two other division one teams but as far as i am aware no division 2 teams. So hooking up with division one looks like your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

So how would I get in with the divsion one team? Would it be a simple as turning up at a training session? There is little or no information for this on their website.

Would you know what other teams there are in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Websites in this country for clubs are extremely poor even at the top level. If you're looking for information, get a phone number for someone at the club and inquire. If the division 1 team doesn't suit either, I'm sure they could point you in the right direction!

If you do happen to find a team, feel free to post back here so the information can be shared :)

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hegseleven

There is a team out in Newport. Played Midlands league. They train tuesday and Thusdays. Half 8 on Tuesdays.We are trying to organise a Limerick League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 FunBall

For anyone that is interested there is an Fun & Fitness Basketball hour in St. Nesans Community School on Friday nights from 8:30 - 9:30, this is open to all Male/Female the fee is €4 to cover the Gym Fees.

• Advertisement
Advertisement