Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Futura???

Options
  • 08-09-2008 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

1515... Strong rumours Futura are gone out of business along with Futura/G

Hmmmm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

if they do, its not because they didn't cram enough passengers onto their flights, or were over extravagant with their catering:rolleyes:

There's going to be a few more go as well I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Or that their cabin crew were the epitome of friendliness and always had that "Welcome aboard Sir, delighted to see you" look on their faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭wittymoniker

gone. never good news for anyone, thoughts are with those who lost their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Sadly they are gone

I have many fond memories of heading off on holidays with Futura since I was a child from the airlines inception in 1989

Sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Sadly they are gone

I have many fond memories of heading off on holidays with Futura since I was a child from the airlines inception in 1989

Sad.

It is sad and good luck to those that will lose their jobs.

I wonder how the holiday companies are going to cope, there must be quite a few people jetting off with them, or maybe even stranded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

i wonder what the pilots employed with such airlines will do? I mean with zoom and this and the few ether airlines shutting down and cutting jobs where does it leave the pilots? Simply jobless i suppose, anyone here affected in such a way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

With all these airlines going bust, the ones that survive will probably cripple us with fares as there will be very little competition left. Its a sad situation all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

An Airline that has its roots in Ireland stared by Aer Lingus, terrible news.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I flew from Dublin ( to Prague ) yesterday there were 3-4 Futura aircraft parked up away from the stands , very sad sight.

It was on the news as I drove to the airport at 8 am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Is Futura gone tits up too or is it just Futura Gael?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

Just futura gael

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Sorry didn't realise there was a difference ...... the tails are the same arn't they ?

BTW , do ( did ) they also operate the MD80 sitting there too or just the 737's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The main Futura are also in trouble though. They had their AOC suspended yeterday whilst they filed for Chapter 11 (its spanish equivilant)

No, they never operated the Md80, only 737's of many varients

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

My mother was booked on a package using Futura and her flights were changed to a different airline yesterday.

The flight code was FUA and not FGL so assume the main Futura is gone too?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭wittymoniker

FUA not gone yet but on the skids too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭SteM

mick_irl wrote: »
    My mother was booked on a package using Futura and her flights were changed to a different airline yesterday.

Ours were the same. Due to fly next Sunday to Egypt with them, the flights were changed to XL according to to a lady I spoke to at Panorama. Guess we won't be flying with XL either though after today's news.

Sounds like Panorama are really scrambling for replacements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cabernetgirl

FUA not gone yet but on the skids too.

FUA are gone too......the whole of futura im afraid.

if you are booked with Falcon holidays tho, don't stress, they are finding other alternative airlines for all their flights that were going with futura. just be patient, new travel details will come through as soon as they have them.......just takes time and a lot of reorganising !!!

Advertisement