Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

myproductkey page up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I still cant get in though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Still no luck for me, I've tried everything I can think of on three different machines and still no submit key. This is the page I'm getting.

myproductkeyid7.jpg

Really frustrated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I mananged to submit mine about 15 minutes ago.. since then though I can confirm with you that the submit button has vanished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Wreck - I just checked and the validate button is nowhere to be seen anymore for me either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

I was able to find the continue button but after I hit it the little WAr loading icon has been spinning on my screen for the last 10 min :/..........

• Advertisement

I still havent received the mail...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No one has recieved it i think. There are a load of people on the other forum that are waiting. As am I. I'm kinda losing hope that we will get to play it today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Way to go GOA,every war forum i have bookmarked are outraged,ive only seen a handfull of guys reply on forums to say they got their mail.
    Those guys defending GOA earlier still want to? :P

Dcully wrote: »
    Way to go GOA,every war forum i have bookmarked are outraged,ive only seen a handfull of guys reply on forums to say they got their mail.
    Those guys defending GOA earlier still want to? :P

I was one of the ones defending them as you put it. They have handled things badly but I still dont think anyone has any right to give out. If you dont want to take part in the beta, dont. If you do, you gotta grin and bear it.

They said that people would be able to play from yesterday afternoon, just over 24 hours ago. Hardly earth shattering that we cant play the beta of a game (for free) just yet. Dissapointing & v.frustrating...but we'll live :)

Finally got to register my beta key, now just waiting for an e-mail like the rest of you.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Wreck wrote: »
    Finally got to register my beta key, now just waiting for an e-mail like the rest of you.:rolleyes:

Well Ive been waiting almost 4 hours so far so dont hold your breath!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

When i tried registering my key with IE i was stuck with a loading image for about 30 minutes after i hit the validate button. In the meantime I used google chrome and it went staright through. Guess Im just waiting on the email now too .. any minute now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

not sure if I should ask this as the whole affair seems a little stressfull :p

but I'll ask anyway, how did you guys download the beta because i can't get it to work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

wideband wrote: »
    not sure if I should ask this as the whole affair seems a little stressfull :p

but I'll ask anyway, how did you guys download the beta because i can't get it to work.

You mean you can't get the download to work? How are you trying to download it, using the WAR Downloader app or the torrent?

I've been trying the WAR Downloader app.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've been trying the WAR Downloader app.

Don't bother with it, use the torrent.

do I just search for one? (Im not really familiar with torrents tba)

http://download.goa.com/war/clientdl...enbeta.torrent

Just use a torrent client of your own preference.

Do you have a Torrent client ? If not search for and download UTorrent first. Once you have it installed, click on the link below and select 'open with' and direct it to UTorrent.

http://download.goa.com/war/clientdl...enbeta.torrent

[edit] thats actually a dodgy link Spear

Nice guys, thanks.

• Advertisement

Nice guys, thanks.

Hmm, the delights of copy versus copy link location.

http://download.goa.com/war/clientdl/wareuopenbeta.torrent

Finally after another long silence there's an update.
    In our previous news we announced that the news page to register your open beta codes is now available. While the deactivation of the authentication process and the synchronized handling of your registrations helped to improve the communication between the page and the account database, a lot of you encountered one of the following issues.

1. The website confirmed that it stored your data but you haven’t received a confirmation e-mail yet:
    You have to stay patient. There is no use in trying to connect to the patcher before you have the conformation. Before, there was an additional delay between the conformation mail and your access to the server, but our technical team improved the situation and got rid of that delay.

2. You have received the confirmation mail before but your attempts to login end with an authentication failure:
    Our technical teams are aware of this issue and are currently fixing it. It should work at the end of the evening.

3. You get the error message “This key cannot be registered as it is not yet valid”:
    You used the wrong key, probably one from the headstart or the bonus items. Valid open beta codes have the prefix “PCOB01”, “WARPBE” or “WARPBF”.

4. You’ve been waiting several hours and try to register your code several times with different browsers:
    There is no reason to try to activate your code again and again. If you try you only stress the servers and in the end you will receive one mail that you code has been activated followed by several mails saying that “This key has already been activated”.

We know that everyone of you is very eager to get into the game. Our technical teams are continuously working to improve the performance of the registration process. We ask for your patience

I'm giving up for the night. Hopefully I'll wake up to an e-mail in the morning and will be able to play some stage tommorrow evening.

Still no e-mail for me :( . I put the code in a couple of times around 6.00 this morning just to see if i would get a quicker response but no luck. I'm pretty much resigned to not getting in for Beta at this stage, just hope I manage to make it for the headstart.

Latest update from GOA is
    Since we launched our new validation system yesterday, players have been flooding onto the beta servers. We've been working on the systems constantly and at the moment more than 70,000 fans are able to play. Some of you however have tried to validate your codes and have received a message saying that they were invalid. If this is the case, please take note of the following points:

The letter 'I' can sometimes look like the number '1'
    Likewise on some printed sheets, the letters 'D' and 'O' may be hard to tell apart
    A zero will be printed as an 'O' with a line through it.
    Please ensure that you are only trying to validate an open beta code, headstart or bonus item codes are not valid at this time, the system will now reject these codes immediately to make it easier for you and to prevent the wrong codes from being submitted.

Previously when you validated your code, there was a delay between the confirmation email and you being able to access the servers, our technicians have worked to remove this delay and now you will be able to patch and play as soon as your confirmation email is received. The last remaining 10,000 players who were waiting for access can now join the action on the servers.

This fails to deal with what the majority of people seem to be complaining about, i.e. no confirmation e-mails. Also, I'm really annoyed that after the promises that we would be kept informed, there are still long silences from GOA. It also looks like they are no longer posting on the Warhammer Alliance forums - suggestions that the CMs have been ordered not to.

Same as myself. Saw that update earlier, and its just stupid. The problem is that the vast majority of us havent even gotten emails, not that we cant enter our codes properly. Come on GOA....sort this out already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Statc, Dcully ah all my AoC buddies are playin this, whats it like ? :D

Send a pm plz as im gone off topic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

my arse 70,000 players are playing the servers, my friend got his few hours ago, and when i was watching him play(cause i still cant get my password for my account) the servers look dead...

just to add something new to GOA... liers...

Im sorry but at this point GOA have dissapointed me 2 mcuh via war and daoc.. im very tempted to just join the US servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

nix wrote: »
    Statc, Dcully ah all my AoC buddies are playin this, whats it like ? :D

Send a pm plz as im gone off topic :D

Love too, but I still havent gotten in. I think my Confirmation email yesterday was just my account confirmation and not my Validation email..

To be honest Im not sure anymore..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

have you got a Welcome to WAR email? thats the confirmation for your account not the registration to WAR :( you have to click the link activiate your account and then apply again to get registerd for the beta AFAIK

And then wait god only knows how long.

• Advertisement

toxick wrote: »
    my arse 70,000 players are playing the servers, my friend got his few hours ago, and when i was watching him play(cause i still cant get my password for my account) the servers look dead...

just to add something new to GOA... liers...

Im sorry but at this point GOA have dissapointed me 2 mcuh via war and daoc.. im very tempted to just join the US servers.

I've just tried to join Worlds Edge only to be told the realm was full so people are definitely getting in. A few hours ago all the servers were down for patching hence the low player numbers then.

Advertisement