Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

myproductkey page up

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Wreck wrote: »
    It also looks like they are no longer posting on the Warhammer Alliance forums - suggestions that the CMs have been ordered not to.
    Well I suppose I really should have learnt to ignore internet gossip at this stage, but the EU CMs have reappeared in the form of Magnus.
    Good afternoon WHA! Pardon the suspense. Even CMs need to sleep sometimes. Here's my take on the current situation. I hope you will find it valuable. From the Original Post.

15:50 CET, September 9 - Where we are right now
    During the night between Monday and Tuesday, the backlogged key validation confirmation e-mails were processed and sent out to players. Many of the players who then received the confirmation of their key validation could still not gain access to the client patcher. This was caused by a delay between the confirmation of keys and the activation of beta access. This morning, our technicians were able to bridge this problem and players should now be able to patch and log in immediately after they receive their key validation.

With all the various problems and technical bottle-necks we have faced the last couple of days, we are now happy to announce that more than 70 000 Europeans have full access to the Open Beta servers. We have seen a strong development of server population and our game servers are continuing to perform very well overall. The few game server issues we have had has been quickly identified by our monitoring team and our internal server status notification systems has proven successful.

Although we are seeing a positive development on many of our platforms, this is much too late. Our systems have not performed satisfactory and we have much, much work to do. Let there be no mistake about one thing though: GOA are 100% committed to WAR in Europe, and we have Mythic by our side, supporting us. There has been increasing drama in the community and speculations are flying left and right. Variations of "we told you so" and "GOA has failed, Mythic should take over and provide WAR to Europe" etc has been uttered countless times over the forums. As much as we humbly accept much of the critique directed toward us for the way we have managed the Open Beta launch, let a couple of things be clear:

* GOA and Mythic are in this together, as we have for years. We've been through purgatory together and we've gotten back into the horse. The European Open Beta launch has not lived up to our, Mythics nor our customers expectations and we are sorry for this.

Setting up a business and infrastructure capable of delivering WAR to hundreds of thousands of Europeans in five different languages is not a trivial task. We have had a couple of days of setbacks, but we will get back there and deliver, with the help and support of Mythic.
    * This is beta. This cannot be underlined sufficiently. When Heathrow launched a new terminal earlier this year, they were supremely confident that they would be able to handle the hordes of passengers going through their system. And they had good reason to be confident; the new terminal was truly state-of-the-art in every way, they had a significant over-capacity, they had executed very successful simulations and rehearsals. Yet at launch day, everything just crumbled. Whether it is an airport or an Open Beta of an MMO, large operations have one thing in common: it is impossible to simulate and prepare for them. No amount of preparations can prepare you for the real thing. This is precisely why we have an Open Beta, as opposed to just launching the game as-is.

Words cannot explain how committed and keen GOA are to bring WAR to Europe. This is why we will let actions speak for us. Very interesting announcements will be available at war-europe today.

Blessings,
    -Magnus

Still no mention of the all those who are still to receive e-mail confirmations, but at least they are talking again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

GOA and Mythic are in this together, as we have for years. We've been through purgatory together and we've gotten back into the horse.

The general consensus seems to be that this statement explains what they've been talking out of the last couple of days too ;)

Hopefully a lot of these missing emails will be showing up by this evening, and people will start getting on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

no mention about create a war-europe account ether :( there ETA is still un knowen that is the thing im worried about now, cause they need a good one for the headstart/live servers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So basically they havent even mentioned the biggest issue that most people are having....good ****ing job. Christ, it baffles the mind how they cant at least give us an update about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I believe the create an account page is back up.

http://www.war-europe.com/#/registration/

Looks up to me, but I haven't tried filling it in, so could still throw you an error at the end of it.

• Advertisement

Not much use for me unfortunatly. I have an account already (2 actually), but i still aint got a mail. Oh well, working all day tomorrow and Thursday, so no beta for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Finally, after 3 and a half days of creating accounts, inputting codes and spamming F5 I'm actually patching.:D I now have at least 4 accounts with goa, and various e-mail inboxes filling up with e-mails from them. But it does seem like they are finally back on track. Patcher at 12%!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Same thing here. Finally got my account registered and was then able to register my beta key. Didn't get a mail confirming my key was activated, yet I was able to log into the launcher after about 10 minutes and start patching.

With any luck I'll be on a server when I get home from work but I'm downloading the beta again just to be sure, as I heard people are getting errors when using the "old" beta, which apparently doesn't patch properly.

Quite a mess all in all but hopefully I can finally see this game in action later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Maximilian wrote: »
    Same thing here. Finally got my account registered and was then able to register my beta key. Didn't get a mail confirming my key was activated, yet I was able to log into the launcher after about 10 minutes and start patching.

With any luck I'll be on a server when I get home from work but I'm downloading the beta again just to be sure, as I heard people are getting errors when using the "old" beta, which apparently doesn't patch properly.

Quite a mess all in all but hopefully I can finally see this game in action later.

If you've used the closed beta client install (3.1) you can't patch it, unless you've already been updating it to 3.3.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm downloading the latest version of the beta, to then patch up in the event my current install is borked. Fingers crossed when I get home everything works ok :)

• Advertisement

Same as me, although i know my download wont have finished. I'm constantly getting scripting errors, which force a restart. So i'll probably still only be at about 60% (if i'm lucky). This beta thing has not gone well for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

still waiting on my email :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

wideband wrote: »
    still waiting on my email :rolleyes:

+1

does spamming the details help i wonder?

Try it without your mail. That seems to have worked for a lot of people (And hopefully me once it installs).

+1

does spamming the details help i wonder?

I cant see how it would tba, I'd say the email is computer generated after the verification process is finished i.e. your details work there way through the system. Either that or GOA are drip feeding the servers as part of the testing

Kiith wrote: »
    Try it without your mail. That seems to have worked for a lot of people (And hopefully me once it installs).

worked for me

ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV
    You tellin me that in the last hour you have been spamin and got in without the email?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

I still haven't received a mail and I've been testing/playing since yesterday.

Well I guess Im one of the unfortunates this time :rolleyes: Im trying the user and password from my GOA account and is still coming up Authentication failed. Ill keep trying. Im soooo jealous guys.

Try creating a new account on the warhammer page (http://www.war-europe.com/#/registration/?lang=en), and logging in with that once you get your verification email. You can then enter your beta code, and play without waiting for the beta confirmation.

• Advertisement

wideband wrote: »
    ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV
    You tellin me that in the last hour you have been spamin and got in without the email?? :eek:

yessss

Kiith wrote: »
    Try creating a new account on the warhammer page (http://www.war-europe.com/#/registration/?lang=en), and logging in with that once you get your verification email. You can then enter your beta code, and play without waiting for the beta confirmation.

I'll try that tonight, thanks for the advise guys.

Its now tonight and I've tryed about 50 times and its no use, so i'll just wait for the release.

Advertisement